Fix/Update Chapter thumbnails?

Hi folks.  Many if not all of my videos have incorrect or duplicate/repeated chapter thumbnails in my library.  This seems to be a running problem with my setup.  As shown in the picture, most of the thumbnails are either not correct for the time signature or they are just duplicate (not correct as well).  How do I force Emby to delete the current thumbnails and regenerate them correctly for the chapter time signatures?  Thanks.

post-516288-0-53394400-1581602261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

@@argo33 we don't currently have an option to do this. You'd have to delete the existing thumbnails and then just run the thumbnail scheduled task. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 3 years later...
PaperPlayn

I have the same issue.  My transfer speeds to my external drive are not amazing and I think that Emby is generating all the thumbnails when the video is only half transferred.  There should be a check for this, if it's really the issue.

Regenerating thumbnails is easy enough in the backend interface, but there should be an equally simple way to delete chapter thumbnails from a given media item (with a "regenerate" checkbox too, maybe?).  Is there any such option or do I need to edit the library directly?

image.png

4 hours ago, PaperPlayn said:

I have the same issue.  My transfer speeds to my external drive are not amazing and I think that Emby is generating all the thumbnails when the video is only half transferred.  There should be a check for this, if it's really the issue.

Regenerating thumbnails is easy enough in the backend interface, but there should be an equally simple way to delete chapter thumbnails from a given media item (with a "regenerate" checkbox too, maybe?).  Is there any such option or do I need to edit the library directly?

image.png

Hi, there is no single way to check if a file is half transferred that will work in all situations on all platforms. There are only certain things you can do that will work in some cases, but not all.

But yes, we should add a way to delete existing thumbnails, but currently there isn't one and it will require deleting the files manually.

PaperPlayn

With some further testing: apparently renaming the video file, scanning the library, renaming it back to the original filename, and scanning again, will regenerate thumbnails.  (I sometimes deleted the .nfo and .bif files which maybe is important and maybe not...?)  Reattaching some artwork images may also be required.

Not an ideal solution -- a "regenerate thumbnails" button somewhere in the Edit Images dialog, maybe, would be appreciated -- but at least it works.

• Thanks 1