Creating an empty playlist

blackarcanis

blackarcanis

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to create empty playlists, still having the playlist alive when deleting all items inside it.

I can see here => https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/Playlists sending "MediaType" instead of "Ids" should work but in fact, the playlist is not listed anywhere... (I've got an ID returned but the playlist is no where...).

There's an specific API requests to be made to also list these empty playlists ?

Any solution for this ?

Thank you !

Edited by blackarcanis

blackarcanis

i think empty playlists are not loaded in the GUI

Yes I think that too... That's why I would like to know if there's a solution with an API endpoint or specific query parameters to have them :/

PenkethBoy

if you create an empty playlist does it get created in .../data/playlists/nameofplaylist [playlist]

i have done this numerous times but not create an empty one to start with

[edit]

Just tested and it does create the empty playlist in the above folder

So having the returned id then you can pull this PL back and add items as necessary

Edited by PenkethBoy

blackarcanis

Yes that's great and solve a part of my initial problem, but what if I want to let this playlist empty for now, just to have it as container for a later usage ?

How can I get empty playlists returned when I'm getting the list of all my playlists with "IncludeItemTypes=Playlist&Recursive=true" ?

PenkethBoy

test it in swagger

click the api link at bottom of the dashboard page on your server

then you can try it out etc

blackarcanis

test it in swagger

click the api link at bottom of the dashboard page on your server

then you can try it out etc

You are right, I have been able to found them when doing the request directly on "emby/Items" and not on "emby/Users/xxxx/Items" ;)

What is the difference between these 2 Urls ?

blackarcanis

Thank you and sorry, I'm a new Emby user, we are integrated Emby API to our app.

So I'm not very confortable with the Emby interface/features yet... A server can have multiple users, right ?

About "empty playlist" that means creating an emtpy playlist (even if by sending "UserId" param) is still not associating the playlist to the user. Good to know !

Currently you can't because playlists are only visible to you if at least one item in the playlist is visible. It's something we'll look to improve in future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1