recordings work but not showing in emby after

ernstgot
Go to solution Solved by ernstgot,

ernstgot

i have shows recorded but they don't show up in recordings on emby after they are complete. I can watch them if I go to the folder and open the file directly.

Have you checked the recordings library that in advance enable real time monitoring just in case it is enabled

5e44d21acf5f2_Capture.png

Are you using the web client or some other app if it is other start with the web client first. 

On your home screen do you have a line latest recordings and are the recordings there ?

ernstgot

I do have the line latest recordings but nothing is listed. Even reset the folder they are stored in making sure they match. But nothing showing up.

Can you take screenshots of dvr settings in the server settings it is under live tv and the the library.

Are you using a beta server or stable server ?

Try also to record something and do you have active recording line ?

Are you using some kind of plugin or HDHomeRun using built in pvr

Maybe provide server log take personal info out.

Edited by denz

• Solution
ernstgot

Yes that would be helpful info. I would also check your emby user permissions on the recordings library.

This was it, I'm sorry I completely forgot I changed my user permissions with new accounts when reinstalling of the server.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
cycochuck

I am having a similar issue since upgrading to 4.4.2.0.  Before, everything was working fine where a show would record and immediately show up.  But since the upgrade, it would take anywhere from six to twelve hours to show up on any client (web, android, or firetv).  I can look in the recorded show's file directory and see a new show has been recorded.  I've tried library scans and it still won't show the newly recorded show until it has been 6 to 12 hours.  Again, absolutely nothing on the server has changed from 4.4.1.0 (where everything worked fine) to 4.4.2.0.

I am having a similar issue since upgrading to 4.4.2.0.  Before, everything was working fine where a show would record and immediately show up.  But since the upgrade, it would take anywhere from six to twelve hours to show up on any client (web, android, or firetv).  I can look in the recorded show's file directory and see a new show has been recorded.  I've tried library scans and it still won't show the newly recorded show until it has been 6 to 12 hours.  Again, absolutely nothing on the server has changed from 4.4.1.0 (where everything worked fine) to 4.4.2.0.

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Thanks.

cycochuck

I apologize, I jumped the gun.  Been working long hours and missed that somehow two massive libraries got switched to "Enable real time monitoring" which left the system in a never-ending update loop.

cycochuck

It was repetitively scanning the same library.  The web client would show the same library being scanned, only to have the scan start again after the previous scan's completion.

It was repetitively scanning the same library.  The web client would show the same library being scanned, only to have the scan start again after the previous scan's completion.

Do you have something external constantly modifying files within the scope of that library?

cycochuck

The library is for VOD from my tv service.  I have a cron task that runs a script that creates scrm files at midnight everyday.  This wasn't a problem before, but somehow during the time I did an upgrade the library setting was set to real time monitoring instead of just going with the regularly scheduled library scan.  I'm guessing at this point that it was a user error on my part and that I accidentally click the check box as I was looking through the settings after running the upgrade.

We'll look into why this might be happening for you. Thanks for reporting.

• 2 years later...
iiiJoe

Good morning to all! Been using Emby about three weeks now and I really like it. I am having a small problem with recordings. I have some recordings in the destination folder that are not showing in my library on my primary server which is a Windows 10 pc. I'm using an Nvidia Shield as a client and when I go to the recordings tab the screen is empty. I can find recordings in the "latest recordings" section, however. Real time monitoring is enabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iiiJoe

Please disregard my question above. The filter on the recordings screen on the client was set to favorites and ofc I had no favorites, lol. So, I un-ticked it and all recordings show. I hope I didn't waste anyone's time. Thank you so much!!