Problem with resume reading

Hyp3rD

And you can reproduce my bug? So, it’s not only the version of my server that cause this? Can I or can you find a way to show it to softworkz? For a access to my server, I don’t ask a tech support of my OS or something like that, when I propose it, it was just a access to the Emby web app just to permit to watch what the bug does...

Edited by Hyp3rD

@@softworkz i tested with the french audio track selected, subtitles off, and resuming at 21:18.

@@Luke

Works fine for me. I tried with hw acceeleration off as the original log didn't involve hwa.

Did you test the same video that I did?

I got the one without subtitles:

5e4853f853501_test_video_resume.jpg

It’s probably more easy to reproduce the bug with the file that I have just send you in PM, but Luke can confirm the file that he use

I tried with the other file now and it worked fine.

No problem with resuming:

5e49df3ec6d18_resume_issue.jpg

@@Hyp3rD - I know why it fails in your case. As mentioned, there's a known bug related to VTT subtitles that has been fixed in the beta channel. It's not only a guess: I can see the bug happening in your logfile.

@@Luke - The only part of the story that I can't explain is why you say you can reproduce. I'm afraid, but I'd need to see a log file from your test to understand what's happening at your side.

@@Luke - The only part of the story that I can't explain is why you say you can reproduce. I'm afraid, but I'd need to see a log file from your test to understand what's happening at your side.

Maybe the ffmpeg didn't get updated in the build output folder..?

Ok, I trust you, I will wait the update with impatiently  :)

The only part that afraid me is the file with no sub that do the same bug (First PM). But, if you can’t reproduce it, I will hope that is the ffmpeg update that correct this on your side... 

If I want to give a try to the beta, I use the backup plugin, it’s just the restore part that afraid me  :(

Edit: It’s seem that I can’t use backup plugin... I think that I have not the choice to wait for the moment...

Edited by Hyp3rD

@Hyp3rD  - why not try the portable install of the beta?

You need to shut down your regular Emby Server and extract the portable version into a folder of your choosing (totally separate from your regular Emby installation).

This is the link to the portable beta: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.4.0.14/embyserver-win-x64-4.4.0.14.7z

Instructions for the portable installation: https://emby.media/windows-server.html

Since this is not an upgrade, you will need to set this up from scratch, but all you need to test this is to add a library with the test files.

(to make sure that the beta doesn't interfere with your regular media folders, you could even just copy the files you want to test to another location, and use this location for the library. This way, you can be sure that your regular installation remains absolutely untouched.

I've just tried this with your video file in a way that I got almost the exact same ffmpeg log as you, and in my case it started playing without problem.

You have subtitles set to off when trying to resume, right?

You guys may of already tested this but I can confirm that with the current stable version of Emby, resume playback works with Edge, mobile app and Windows Theater. Chrome is a no go at the moment. Edge however, does not display subtitles, no big deal for me as I don't use Edge as my default browser.

Thanks for the great work. :)

Do you have enough informations @@softworkz?

I’m there if I can help.

Have a nice day!

I can actually reproduce now and I spent a long time on this. Whether resume works or not depends on the point-in-time to resume.

The video has a long keyframe interval (10s) and the segments aren't sliced as they're supposed to be. But why it happens here and not in other cases - I can't say yet.

About how many files are we talking about here, that expose this kind of problem (with the latest beta .15) ?

For now, I can say practically the entire season. I should made more test to be more accurate. What is strange is that in the version 4.2 I never had any problems... When I will be at home, I will test it, do you want a specific procedure or configuration? @@softworkz