How do I enter the server / port details on samsung app ?

vaise

I got a busted roku in one rook, so in the hope of not having to buy a replacement, I thought I would try the tizen app.

Installed emby all fine.

Run it, click skip as I done use emby connect.

The roku's auto find my server at this point but here I have to enter the servername and port.

I cant figure out how to key that in - there is a numeric/alph keypad on the screen to the right - but I cant move to it.

My remote is the magic wand type.

The TV is a Samsung 65" curved H8000 if that matters.

@@SamES

Been a very long time since I used emby connect.

So I did the pin process, and the only server showing was one from a very long time ago.

I guess I have to learn what to do on emby connect then to update to my new server.

I got the server showing up by attaching my user to emby connect - it has a cloud.

I click on it and it says cant connect to server, make sure it is running etc etc.

I have a funky secure system with cloudflare, nginx, and cloudflare firewall only allowing connection from the countries I have users (Australia, Singapore, UK).

I also have checks in nginx to only allow connections from cloudflare IP's.

I have no idea how emby connect works.

Maybe my system is too secure for this. 

I think I will abort this idea and just buy another client device.  Im off on holiday in a few days for three weeks and may get a chance when I come back to have another crack - but not going to spend much time on it.

Edited by vaise

If you're using SSL then you'll need to use an SSL certificate that Samsung devices will accept, and that list is pretty small last we checked.

I'm using the cloudflare provided ssl cert.

I wonder if you can you connect a keyboard and mouse to this TV maybe ?

That may be a solution to entering the local server/port.

I don't think this will work with SSL.  I don't believe anyone has reported getting this to work on a Samsung or LG TV yet.

For the number pad, pressing the number keys on your remote control should generate letters.  Pressing each number key on the remote should cycle through the letter options

So to get 'B' press 2 twice quickly, etc

5da453807d6b3_Untitled2.jpg

For this style remote, I think you can press or hold down the keypad key to get an onscreen number pad

https://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/samsung/h8000/h8000-remote-large.jpg

I will have a play when back from holiday then.

Wish my domain was shorter now......  it will take a while if this process works.