• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 alxscott OFFLINE  

alxscott

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 07:04 AM

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:55 PM

Apologies for a re-post; I did not get a reply and was not sure if this was because I hadn't started a new topic as per the "Report a Problem" instructions.

I am trying to add a network Sat > IP tuner to LiveTV via the m3u playlist route. At first I couldn't even load the url in VLC; now however I can and have found that Emby seems to freeze when ffprobe-ing the RTSP stream. I'm copied the command line and confirmed... it does freeze! It was my understanding that Sat>IP streams could be used via m3u; but this would suggest otherwise? 

Emby Logs attached. 

Client - Tizen App / Safari / iOS App ( All Outcomes the same)

m3u file - Attached

Mux / Channel - Multiple

Thank you

Attached Files

#2 kevinf63 OFFLINE  

kevinf63

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMeath

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

Apologies for a re-post; I did not get a reply and was not sure if this was because I hadn't started a new topic as per the "Report a Problem" instructions.

I am trying to add a network Sat > IP tuner to LiveTV via the m3u playlist route. At first I couldn't even load the url in VLC; now however I can and have found that Emby seems to freeze when ffprobe-ing the RTSP stream. I'm copied the command line and confirmed... it does freeze! It was my understanding that Sat>IP streams could be used via m3u; but this would suggest otherwise? 

Emby Logs attached. 

Client - Tizen App / Safari / iOS App ( All Outcomes the same)

m3u file - Attached

Mux / Channel - Multiple

Thank you

Much the same here, alongside some other issues regarding transcoding buffer fully filling drives pointlessly when no live streams are being watched, selecting the wrong language (narration) as the default etc.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152351 posts
  • Local time: 03:04 AM

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:37 PM

Moved to testing area. Thanks.

• alxscott likes this

#4 alxscott OFFLINE  

alxscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

@kevinf63 @Luke

FYI I ran the ffprobe command with http:// instead of rtsp://... produced a stream output as expected.

Updated my m3u with http:// url and now LiveTV streams.... I haven’t investigated Subs / Audio streams but thought I should update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152351 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

#6 alxscott OFFLINE  

alxscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

Your welcome!

Unfortunately I think I have similar issues to above; on Shield TV all streams play but there is only Audio description ( This May be a PID I need to add in the m3u; I’ll check).

iOS Plays same as above only with Audio Description.

Emby for Samsung shows first frame then freezes; Stats shows direct play same as other devices.

I’m not at home but will update will logs when I can

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152351 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:03 PM

Yes let's look at an example. Thanks.

#8 alxscott OFFLINE  

alxscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:00 PM

Yes let's look at an example. Thanks.

Please find attached Emby Logs and ffmpeg logs. I started live tv playback on Shield ( Log Sent @ ~1350 UTC -5 ); then Samsung Tizen App ( Latest Version) and iOS Emby App ( Latest Version). Same behaviour is apparent!

Attached Files

Edited by alxscott, 12 February 2020 - 03:16 PM.

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152351 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:49 PM

@alxscott are you still running into this?

#10 alxscott OFFLINE  

alxscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

[mention]Luke [/mention] Apologies for the delay; time difference plus having to re-subscribe and redownload etc. !

I’m afraid the behaviour is the same...

Samsung Tizen freezes on first frame; Safari plays well with both Audio description and Dolby.

iOS and Android play well if default audio track ( Narrated) is used but crashes on selection of normal audio ( Dolby).

Just did a quick check; if you would like additional logs let me know... I’m stuck int he house for the next couple weeks!

#11 kevinf63 OFFLINE  

kevinf63

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMeath

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

@Luke @alxscott the mention feature seems to have malformed on that last message, so I've mentioned luke once more so he can see this!

[mention]Luke [/mention] Apologies for the delay; time difference plus having to re-subscribe and redownload etc. !

I’m afraid the behaviour is the same...

Samsung Tizen freezes on first frame; Safari plays well with both Audio description and Dolby.

iOS and Android play well if default audio track ( Narrated) is used but crashes on selection of normal audio ( Dolby).

Just did a quick check; if you would like additional logs let me know... I’m stuck int he house for the next couple weeks!

• alxscott likes this

#12 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152351 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:14 AM

Can you try lowering the in-app quality setting so that the server does a full transcode? Please see how that compares. Thanks.

#13 alxscott OFFLINE  

alxscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

Can you try lowering the in-app quality setting so that the server does a full transcode? Please see how that compares. Thanks.

Forced Transcode and same behaviour on iOS I'm afraid; couldnt fully try on Tizen / Samsung as daughter was watching pre-bed movie! But I did try briefly and appeared the same ( Loaded fine with default / Narrated Audio -> Crashed on selection of Normal / Dolby 2 CH Audio)

Emby Log + FFMpeg log attached. 

Thank you!

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sat ip, LiveTV, m3u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users