Musicbrainz - Specify your own server URL

Paint

Can we please add a feature for the musicbrainz plugin to allow for custom musicbrainz server URLs? I run my own musicbrainz mirror and would prefer if the requests are redirected locally. Thank you

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@Luke Im noticing that my library refresh is taking very long because it is querying an external Musicbrainz server. 

Can we please get this feature prioritized so I can change the musicbrainz server URL to a local mirroed slave I run on the same Emby machine? Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Paint said:

@Luke Im noticing that my library refresh is taking very long because it is querying an external Musicbrainz server. 

Can we please get this feature prioritized so I can change the musicbrainz server URL to a local mirroed slave I run on the same Emby machine? Thank you!

Hi, how have you determined that this is the reason?

I will PM you a link to my log. 

Currently the scan library scheduled task is stuck at 90.4%. 

And I cannot stop the library scan - it will either stay at "stopping" or not progress any further. I have to reboot Emby to have it update the library again. 

Edited by Paint

I downgraded to 4.5.1.0 and uninstalled the Musicbrainz plugin. My library still stops at 90.4% (somewhere in my music library) and I cannot stop the scan or restart library scanning until I restart Emby. 

Any ideas? 

I also turned off all metadata downloaders. It seems like the library stops refreshing after this line:

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getInfo&mbid=8dd98bdc-80ec-4e93-8509-2f46bafc09a7&api_key=<key>&lang=en&format=json

**UPDATE**

Ok, so I moved the latest 30 days of music folders out of my library and refreshed - it completed fine. I am going to see which folder/file is causing the issue

**UPDATE 2**

Restored all the music directories. Narrowed it down again to my Calvin Harris directory. I deleted the artist.nfo and other images in the artist's root directory, which seems like it fixed the issue. 

Edited by Paint

The log you provided has transcoding occurring, as well trakt syncing and CoverArt image processing. I think those are the reasons for the overall resource consumption.

Don't get me wrong, we can definitely add this option to specify your own musicbrainz url, I'm just saying that I don't believe it's the reason for the slowdown you were seeing.

thanks. It would be great to allow me to use my local (or a different) musicbrainz server for the plugin. I solved the issues that prevented my library from completing. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@ebr @Luke any updates on this? its been open for 2 years now. All I am asking for is a configuration text box to allow me to override the musicbrainz server from the default "https://musicbrainz.emby.tv" to one of my choosing.....how can we get this prioritized? 

• 1 year later...
xe`

Just landed on this trying to do the same. Surely allowing a custom URL is trivial addition?

MagicDoubleM
7 hours ago, xe&#x60; said:

Just landed on this trying to do the same. Surely allowing a custom URL is trivial addition?

Has anyone tried to use a redirect yet?

xe`

Since the default is `https://musicbrainz.emby.tv` with SSL it could get quite tricky. Emby would likely not honor any redirect since the SSL handshake would fail before it got to that step.

In theory you could make your own CA and then generate a SSL cert by virtue of the fact you can install the CA on the Emby host cert store but a lot has to go right for this to all work.

A lot of work.

• Like 1

Paint

its a simple feature to add to the musicbrainz plugin. its simply not a priority it seems. I asked if this could be added 4 years ago when the musicbrainz plugin was first created for emby. 

MagicDoubleM

Well, there's that alternative to emby that happens to have this feature in it's musicbrainz plugin. So you could try what I'm doing for something else. I'm running an installation of that one for handling certain metadata. Emby is set to only read info files and doesn't get metadata by itself from other sources. That's what the other things does and writes to an no file....

Making a "port" of their plugin to use in emby would be another idea.

Edited by MagicDoubleM