issues with unlock app on firestick

zeilercd
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

18 minutes ago, cayars said:

Emby Premiere and Unlock are NOT THE SAME THING.

You do not need to unlock at the app level if you have Emby Premiere NOR can you unless you've paid for the specific app.

Is this what you're trying to do unlock the app because you have Emby Premiere?

I just never noticed it asking to unlock before so yes i was trying to unlock the app on firetv. I can play my media so it's not a major problem. Is this the way the Amazon app is ?

Emby Premiere has the ability to allow any Emby device to work using 1 license.

For your own personal use the UNLOCK could actually be removed from the app as 25 devices is a lot for a normal family.  But the reason it can be useful is if you share with a family member like a brother and his whole family starts using a bunch of devices (Rokus, ATV, Android mobile, tablets, etc).  In this case if you aren't sharing Live TV or other Premiere features you can ask them to unlock their devices so that the device won't use a license count from your server.

It's just there for a bit more flexibility to the server owner.

1 hour ago, cue1boy said:

I just never noticed it asking to unlock before so yes i was trying to unlock the app on firetv. I can play my media so it's not a major problem. Is this the way the Amazon app is ?

Hi.  You are seeing that message on every start of the app?  You are obviously also running the beta of the app, correct?

It isn't asking you to unlock it is simply reporting that it isn't purchased.  It will only do this on initial run (or if you re-install or clear data on the app).  This is a beta so it is a work in progress and I will be making it so it doesn't show the message in that situation.

TLDR: Nothing is wrong. Just carry on as you were :) 

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You are seeing that message on every start of the app?  You are obviously also running the beta of the app, correct?

It isn't asking you to unlock it is simply reporting that it isn't purchased.  It will only do this on initial run (or if you re-install or clear data on the app).  This is a beta so it is a work in progress and I will be making it so it doesn't show the message in that situation.

TLDR: Nothing is wrong. Just carry on as you were :) 

I am seeing it on every start of app. Not sure if it's beta i installed it months ago. Just a little irritating but glad to hear you will stop it showing the message, thanks very much for that.

Edited by cue1boy