33 replies to this topic

#21 shocker OFFLINE  

shocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Local time: 03:04 PM

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

@shocker have you replicated the issue without going thru the reverse proxy?

If not, let's both test that too since I can't think of much else we can do.

No, not I don’t think this is the case as the feedback from server is received. I believe that sometimes the the sessions are not updated or written to db in realtime.
But I think @Luke should know better how the mechanism works behind :)

I’ll do some testings in the upcoming days to check if it’s still present with the latest server releases

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156872 posts
  • Local time: 08:04 AM

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:32 PM

Great, thanks.

#23 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 07:04 AM

Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:06 PM

Definitely still an issue in the latest release for me.

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156872 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

What are the steps to reproduce?

#25 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

Set a user to 1 stream maximum, using that account start watching a TV show, when auto playing to the next episode the error will quickly pop and disappear, failing to continue with the next episode.

It doesn't happen 100% of the time but often enough to be very annoying. So far has happened on android TV, fire TV, emby theater, web, so I assume it's global and server related.

#26 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:13 AM

A possibly more reliable method seems to be using the playback correction option, at least on android TV so far. Again, with a user set to 1 stream limit.

#27 shocker OFFLINE  

shocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:10 AM

Tested with 4.5.0.2 yesterday and the issue is not reproduced that often I only been able to reproduce twice on web by clicking and changing the tv episode more than 80 times.

I have observed that the error appeared when the load is higher on the server and the sqlite3 is stressed on updating things for example I had a sys load average of 3.5 at 5 min by that time and the Emby response time between 0.8s to 1.4s. HDD IO was around 140MB/s out of 2000MB/s due to transcoding etc. I was thinking about if it will not be a good idea to keep the transcoding folder outside Emby, even that I have 550k IOPS I think delays are triggered on sqlite. I can add an extra hdd with slower performance something about 1500MB/s with 250k IOPS just for Emby meta and db.

I think sometimes when you are at the end of a tv episode and you press start next, something somewhere is not changed fast enough on the server side and that's why this error is triggered.

@ray-finkle are you experiencing this when your sys load is increased or all the time?

@Luke let me know if I can help with something else.

#28 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:04 PM

I haven't noticed anything related to system load in my setup though I can try to look into it. I transcode to memory but I also run many containers from the same appdata storage drive which is nvme.

This still seems like a bug to me that a time delay could likely fix as a simple form of fuzzy logic.

#29 shocker OFFLINE  

shocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:11 PM

I haven't noticed anything related to system load in my setup though I can try to look into it. I transcode to memory but I also run many containers from the same appdata storage drive which is nvme.

This still seems like a bug to me that a time delay could likely fix as a simple form of fuzzy logic.

Agree :) I think it can be quickly fixed with my above proposal to retry again before showing the limit screen

#30 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:42 PM

Just confirmed that the behavior is exactly the same within the LAN and that the playback correction function replicates the problem very reliably.

#31 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:42 AM

Additional note:

The upcoming episode that is being force ended gets marked as played, thereby skipping episodes when resuming playback.

#32 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:37 PM

@Luke was anyone within Emby able to reproduce this issue?

I can provide a log with debugging enabled but I'd rather not post it publicly to the forum. 

#33 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156872 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:42 PM

@Luke was anyone within Emby able to reproduce this issue?

I can provide a log with debugging enabled but I'd rather not post it publicly to the forum. 

Not yet. Can you please PM one to me? Thanks !

#34 ray-finkle OFFLINE  

ray-finkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

@Luke sure I will send it over now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users