Sluggish UI performance since latest update

Hi, I just want to say that Emby and the android app has been fantastic so far since using it for about a month.

However the latest released update (3.0.97) has resulted in oddly sluggish UI performance in the app when trying to simply navigate/swipe through it. Sometimes when swiping it even goes in the wrong direction.

Before this update, it was extremely smooth and worked perfectly. I did try reinstalling it and it's still the same unfortunately. Actual playback of media still works fine however.

To provide more details, I am on android 9 using a lenovo tablet with 3gb ram and an octa-core processor. So it is kinda strange to be seeing this when it worked so well before.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Okay, I just tried the beta version (3.1.00) and I'm noticing the same thing.

It happens in all screens except for during a video (the video player and controls seem normal). So, navigating the home, going through all the shows and their pages, and settings page.

The swipes just don't feel as responsive and the app just moves along slightly slow compared to before. Swiping down will randomly jump back to the top.

Edit: I can provide a short 1 minute video showing it via screen recorder on android if it would help.

Edited by m29a

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem. 3.1.1 is a little better but still not like the wonderfully smooth experience of previous versions. Is there any update/resolution?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, this is really odd. I was using my older and slower tablet and noticed (on the same beta version 3.1.6) the app performs very smoothly. 

On my newer tablet it's usable but still noticeably slow.

Hmm, this is really odd. I was using my older and slower tablet and noticed (on the same beta version 3.1.6) the app performs very smoothly. 

On my newer tablet it's usable but still noticeably slow.

Do they both run the same versions of android?