New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

Also experiencing unhandled exceptions and closedown of the server sometimes. Not always.

2020-11-07 11:01:25.108 Error GlobalExceptionHandler: 2020-11-07 11:01:25.108 Error GlobalExceptionHandler: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.5
	Command line: C:\Users\cacct\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/cacct/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\cacct\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\cacct\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Notifications.Discord.Notifier.<CheckForMetadata>b__15_0(KeyValuePair`2 queuedItem)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_1(Object state)
	   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
	   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
	Source: Emby.Notifications.Discord
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-11-07 11:01:25.117 Info Main: Closing tray icon
2020-11-07 11:01:25.117 Info HttpClient: POST http://127.0.0.1:8024/exit
2020-11-07 11:01:25.128 Info Main: tray icon WaitForExit
2020-11-07 11:01:25.459 Info Main: tray icon exited
2020-11-07 11:01:25.471 Info Server: Stopping HttpListener...
2020-11-07 11:01:25.482 Info Server: HttpListener stopped
2020-11-07 11:01:25.482 Info App: Disposing CoreAppHost

etc.

• 4 weeks later...
AshranPewter

For anyone having really bad issues with this plugin like multiple notifications, I suggest to use the slack plugin with discord. Adding /slack to the end of the discord endpoint makes it compatible.

BoavaNet
13 hours ago, AshranPewter said:

For anyone having really bad issues with this plugin like multiple notifications, I suggest to use the slack plugin with discord. Adding /slack to the end of the discord endpoint makes it compatible.

Yeah, that's what I was using, but it didn't have the rich content that I was hoping for with this plug-in. I was kind of hoping that this plug-in would be a game-changer; the only reason I posted for the off chance that somebody could update it.  The GitHub repository has not been updated for the last eight months, so that this project could be dead.

Is it necessary to have two plugins for the same thing? If the slack plugin can handle discord, that seems like it would make sense to consolidate anyway.

BoavaNet
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Is it necessary to have two plugins for the same thing? If the slack plugin can handle discord, that seems like it would make sense to consolidate anyway.

I'm still using the slack plug-in, but mostly I was just after the more visually appealing of this plug-in. Suppose the project could be updated with these features and be cool. But I can also understand separating these features from the slack plug-in, in case people don't want the extra overhead of all the additional features that this plug-in offers.

• 3 weeks later...
kelly.clubb

As of lately Emby notifications have not actually been showing up on discord, granted test notifications work without issues. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm in the beta of EMBY and might be related to the issue. Just doesn't post new shows at all.

How can I get the plugin to not spam the whole episodes of a newly added complete TV show? I can avoid this by unticking the  "Episodes"  in plugin settings but then again it won't update about possible newly added episodes of the show.

I was having a hard time getting this to work at first until I completely disabled the Emby's notification for "new content added" like this:
image.thumb.png.336fdb14d7d582a75aa6f26e2b9835b8.png

Edited by AWG97
Typo

pir8radio
On 12/18/2020 at 11:21 PM, kelly.clubb said:

As of lately Emby notifications have not actually been showing up on discord, granted test notifications work without issues. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm in the beta of EMBY and might be related to the issue. Just doesn't post new shows at all.

I think I am seeing the same thing.  Is discord plugin still working with current beta?

pir8radio
On 12/3/2020 at 8:08 AM, BoavaNet said:

Yeah, that's what I was using, but it didn't have the rich content that I was hoping for with this plug-in. I was kind of hoping that this plug-in would be a game-changer; the only reason I posted for the off chance that somebody could update it.  The GitHub repository has not been updated for the last eight months, so that this project could be dead.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, Luke said:

does it output the same as this plugin?    using the server name of the emby server (here it is nam)  as well as including a cover image and description?   I use all of these with Zappier to push out to various social media platforms with the image.    

image.png.fdc09d72b169fe8d4b6f88eacff21581.png

FaceBook:

image.thumb.png.1f6630ef88efd1b78b6df4b655119ff1.png

rechigo

Apologies for my complete lack of activity, my Docker installation got corrupted (along with all my volumes) and I lost mostly everything besides my Emby which is the only service that doesn't reside on docker due to hardware transcoding limitations (I'm on Windows), and I didn't have the time nor motivation to fix everything up. Hopefully after Christmas I'll upgrade my hardware, get all of my Emby mods and services working again, and finally take a look at the issues people are having and help to resolve them. I haven't added any media besides music which has been working fine, so maybe something changed in the new betas that broke some stuff. I might end up rewriting this plugin entirely since the code is quite a mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

kelly.clubb

Thanks for the reply @rechigo, It appears that whatever has happened in the near recent future has resolved the inability to see new posts and is now working. I'm not sure if anything changed or not, but I"ll let you know if it starts acting up again.

• Like 1

pir8radio
2 hours ago, rechigo said:

Apologies for my complete lack of activity, my Docker installation got corrupted (along with all my volumes) and I lost mostly everything besides my Emby which is the only service that doesn't reside on docker due to hardware transcoding limitations (I'm on Windows), and I didn't have the time nor motivation to fix everything up. Hopefully after Christmas I'll upgrade my hardware, get all of my Emby mods and services working again, and finally take a look at the issues people are having and help to resolve them. I haven't added any media besides music which has been working fine, so maybe something changed in the new betas that broke some stuff. I might end up rewriting this plugin entirely since the code is quite a mess.

I take back my "not working" post, I just added a movie and it went through just fine. 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:37 AM, pir8radio said:

I take back my "not working" post, I just added a movie and it went through just fine. 

I've updated to 4.6.0.10 beta and now it works again.

Edited by Cactus

• 1 month later...
kelly.clubb

Well it was working and now it's not again. I've tried restarting the server and no change. I'm also in the beta tree in terms of Emby.

• 1 month later...
PioneerPro
Hello comunity,
I just installed the plugin and tried it out a lot. Unfortunately, when adding new media content in Emby, 
I only get the standard message via Discord, no additional metadata (images, text, ..). 
It works in turn when converting existing media. The "Detailed media information .." function is activated. 

Emby runs in the 4.6.0.33 beta. The plugin is version 1.0.7.9.

Can someone help me? Is it a recent bug in the beta?

Thanks for any feedback!

PioneerPro
Addendum:
When adding new films, at least the description text appears, but still no picture.
With series it still doesn't work at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
pir8radio
10 hours ago, logic said:

its working ok for me on emby v4.5.4 and plugin v1.0.7.9

Oh that's right, this plugin still isn't in the catalog so it doesn't auto update?    @ebr