New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

rechigo

You used to be able to just enable debug logging, but it looks like I must have accidentally cleaned up a ton of useful debug logging messages

I'll add them back and send you the dll over private messages in a bit

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

RobinM

Since the last Emby beta, the notifications are not getting send anymore, at least not for me. Will reboot the server to see if it helps, will generate a debug if rebooting did not help :)

Rebooting my server solved the issue. 

• 4 weeks later...
Emby Alan

Emby newbie here, i have a question about how to install this plugin manually on a docker on a Synology NAS and NVIDIA Shield.

Searched the forum but cant seem to find it, or is this plugin only supported for Windows installations?

Feel free to point me to a rtfm page 

Spaceboy

In light of the above I’m again going to ask if please can this be put in the catalogue. Not just so new users can find it but so people can use it without having to upgrade manually

• Like 2

Spaceboy
Emby newbie here, i have a question about how to install this plugin manually on a docker on a Synology NAS and NVIDIA Shield.
Searched the forum but cant seem to find it, or is this plugin only supported for Windows installations?
Feel free to point me to a rtfm page 

First post, you need to put the dll in your plugins folder
  • Like 1

Spaceboy
I see, thanks for the clarification and sorry for this newb question 

No worries, I’m in the category of want to use it but don’t want to deal with manual install/update so it was a good opportunity to raise it again
  • Like 2

neik
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

In light of the above I’m again going to ask if please can this be put in the catalogue. Not just so new users can find it but so people can use it without having to upgrade manually

+1

@Luke, this is a great notification plugin.

Unless you guys come up with something native I would appreciate to have it in the catalogue.

• Like 2

Emby Alan

Yeah i agree, lovely plugin. Good job!

So this is how I manually installed it on my Synology docker emby server and Nvidia Shield: (feel free to copy/paste) for future documentation or something. 

For synology it was browsing to the config directory of the docker container and copy the plugin dll file to the folder plugins. After that restart the server and jobs done.

For the Shield (2017 model) I had to manually enable transfer files over network and login with provided credentials from shield. If you do this on Windows, you have to enable smbv1 to access it (I know it sucks). Browse to internal storage, find the folder of emby and copy the dll file to plugin folder and restart server. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Rumbah

For me the plugin freezes emby (I have to restart it to get it responsible again) if I add more than 1 file at once.

Can I do anything to help to fix this?

On 8/7/2020 at 7:31 AM, Rumbah said:

For me the plugin freezes emby (I have to restart it to get it responsible again) if I add more than 1 file at once.

Can I do anything to help to fix this?

Can you please attach the emby server log? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
AshranPewter

This works great! Setup and working in minutes once it's installed, will see long term how it performs. One thing I hope to see is other notification types (errors, emby news, etc.) to seperate channels. It's awesome to know when I get errors (especially for trakt) or new Emby releases happen without it cluttering the media stuff like it does in the Slack notifications.

Thanks for the hard work on this plugin!

AshranPewter

Have had this going for just a bit. It has a bit of downside. Compared to the slack plugin it tends to send duplicates of the same notifications to discord chat. I do have a weird setup that generally might cause this, but since it doesn't show up in the slack side I assume it's just a bit overzealous about timeouts (I'm behind a v2ray proxy or openvpn most of the time to get to discord and slack)? Sorry I don't have access to the machine for a while so no logs.

• 4 weeks later...
jaycedk

In the first post there is a link, download the Emby.Notifications.Discord.dll and put i in the plugin folder, of you emby server.

Then restart server :)

Happy2Play

Ensure to put in \Emby-Server\programdata\plugins not \Emby-Server\system\plugins.

Nostromo86

Hi,

Great Job @rechigo :)

In the future, would it be possible to have the choice of activating the notification only for films of 2020 for example or those which have a rating higher than 6?

Thanks 

madsprite
2020-10-01 01:17:22.498 Error GlobalExceptionHandler: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.1
	Command line: C:\Users\File\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19041
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/File/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\File\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\File\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Notifications.Discord.Notifier.<CheckForMetadata>b__15_0(KeyValuePair`2 queuedItem)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_1(Object state)
	   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
	   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
	Source: Emby.Notifications.Discord
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-10-01 01:17:22.505 Error GlobalExceptionHandler: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.1
	Command line: C:\Users\File\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19041
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/File/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\File\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\File\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Notifications.Discord.Notifier.<CheckForMetadata>b__15_0(KeyValuePair`2 queuedItem)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_1(Object state)
	   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
	   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
	Source: Emby.Notifications.Discord
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I recently tried moving up to the emby beta 4.6 to see if the crashing after new content detected would be solved. It continues to crash on new detection of content and I have read multiple pages trying to find if there's a clear answer. I've also have been trying to troubleshoot different version of emby to get this plugin to avoid crashing and still get the same symptoms. Is there some setting I have conflicting with the plugin?

Thanks for the work that you do to create this plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have the same problem at synology:

2020-10-22 12:18:40.730 Error GlobalExceptionHandler: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.2
	Command line: /volume3/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.exe -programdata /volume3/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology-mono_{version}_armv7_legacy.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 3.2.40 (root@build2) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP Wed Jul 8 03:14:12 CST 2020
	Framework: Mono: 6.12.0.90 (tarball Mon 19 Oct 2020 10:07:32 AM UTC)
	OS/Process: X86/X86
	Runtime: volume3/@appstore/EmbyServer/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /volume3/Emby
	Application path: /volume3/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	  at Emby.Notifications.Discord.Notifier.<CheckForMetadata>b__15_0 (System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[TKey,TValue] queuedItem) [0x00577] in <e3ac83fbfa784f9ca44026146649592f>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__7_1 (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context (System.Object state) [0x00007] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem () [0x00021] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch () [0x00074] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback () [0x00000] in <464aa7d44ddf461ebf95c9e88757a3fd>:0 
	Source: mscorlib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()

Very cool plugin

AshranPewter

Hey Still having issues as I said before, I get 3-4 different notifications on Emby using this.

I also have Slack notification installed for now (want to get rid of it and only use discord) and don't have this issue with Slack.

Could this be a problem with my Emby Configuration? No one else seems to have this issue here...

Attached the logs, the last one was the Boy s02e07 and I got 4 notifications, two had detailed information and 2 had none. This was replacing an older file (upgrading it to 4k) but it happens on new files as well.

Anyone have an idea what's happening?

embyserver.txt