New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

pir8radio

Yes, the only option would be to use Emby's built in notification system for when media is added

Once Luke fixes it you can just reenable the media added override and everything will work again, I will update the thread when that happens

@@Luke LUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuK!    lol.....  pretty please?   I want to upgrade to newer emby beta's but I also rely on this plugin saving me so much time.   I think it outweighs me upgrading emby...     If its an easy fix anyway, can you add it to your next beta list?   I know "I" (1 out of a gajillion emby users) will be happy  :)         but that's probably not the best argument to get this done......

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

RobinM

that is great news, will check it out!

EDIT 1: Have updated to latest Emby beta. Override the built in media added notification with a more extensive one = True

No crash! but also no notifications getting send.

EDIT 2: When Override the built in media added notification with a more extensive one = False, notifications are getting send.

EDIT 3: Notifications get send for movies with 'Override the built in media added notification with a more extensive one = True', not for tv shows.

Edited by RobinM

rechigo

Can recreate for TV Shows as well, seems to be working fine for Movies & Music

I'll look into it as soon as I can

[EDIT] Fixed it, I'll release an update soon...

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

jsflix

Hi, maybe I have something configured wrong.

I set 'Replace standard notification...' to true and I receive a better Media added Notification. But I also receive the standard notification, effectively doubling the notifications I receive.

What do I have to do to only receive one, the better Media added Notification?

rechigo

I had implemented a hacky system to try to block Emby's internal new content notification, this seems to be the first case that I've found it to not work properly...

You can disable the internal content added notification like this:

Settings -> Advanced -> Notifications -> New Content -> Uncheck "Enable this notification" -> Save

4cl.gif

pir8radio

Im a little behind...    Im on the latest beta, and latest discord alert of yours.    I have an emby user called "DiscordAlerts" , and he is only allowed access to my "movies" library. (so hopefully I only get new movie alerts).   Then in the emby server notification settings for "New Content Added" only the discord user is checked "send notification to:".  and discord plugin is checked.      Then the discord plugin settings are checked in the plugin for my "DiscordAlerts" user...    what do i need to do to get alerts working like they were, with the image, for movies...     I think I'm missing something.   Home lockdown has made me dense lately........

rechigo

So you are getting notifications, but the Discord Embed doesn't contain the cover art image?

RobinM

hi rechigo, 

Updated to latest release and notifications are now getting send for tv shows :)

Question, when exactly are notifications send for episodes, seasons and series?

Making an educated guess, after few tests:

Episodes: Notifications gets send for each and every added episode.

Season: Notification only gets send when complete season gets added? Or will notification also gets send when only 1 or few episodes of a season have been added?

Series: Will only get send once a new tv show have been added, 1 episode will trigger this?

If you have all enabled, and you add 1 episode af a new series, will it send 3 notifications? 

Last thing is that I am not seeing any cover art images in discord. I am downloading images in advance. Hide external links = FALSE. Could this be a setting in Discord maybe?

jsflix

I had implemented a hacky system to try to block Emby's internal new content notification, this seems to be the first case that I've found it to not work properly...

You can disable the internal content added notification like this:

Settings -> Advanced -> Notifications -> New Content -> Uncheck "Enable this notification" -> Save

Nice that works, thank you!

I would have thought you relied on this notification for media addition.

rechigo

Episodes: Notifications gets send for each and every added episode.

Season: Notification only gets send when complete season gets added? Or will notification also gets send when only 1 or few episodes of a season have been added?

Series: Will only get send once a new tv show have been added, 1 episode will trigger this?

If you have all enabled, and you add 1 episode af a new series, will it send 3 notifications? 

Episodes: yes

Seasons: triggered once any number of episodes for a season that wasn't on the server before are added (never triggered again)

Series: Triggered whenever a new series is first discovered on the server (never triggered again)

That's just how I have them set up for now, but if you have any better ideas of how they should work let me know

Last thing is that I am not seeing any cover art images in discord. I am downloading images in advance. Hide external links = FALSE. Could this be a setting in Discord maybe?

Does your server have remote access enabled?

RobinM

Good morning rechigo, 

I think your logic makes sense. Although for episodes grouping would maybe be an idea, so only 1 notification will get send per show if multiple episodes got added. It will decrease amount of notifications considerably when lots of episodes got added. Makes it less spammy.

Maybe for seasons and shows its an idea to add some extra description:

New seasons: 1 or more episodes of season X for TV show X have been added. As there were no episodes for this season before, this notification got triggered.

New tv shows: 1 or more episodes for TV shows X have been added. Because no episodes for this TV show existed on the server this notification got triggered.

In regard with missing cover art. External access is enabled. I am using cloudflare though and only allowed connections from my country. Maybe this can cause issues?

EDIT: Disabled firewall rule in cloudflare and covert art is working now, apparently connections get made from America when discord is fetching the coverart. 

Edited by RobinM
  • Like 1

RobinM

Hey Rechigo, back again  ;)

I have created 5 Emby user accounts that I want to use just for sending notifications:

discord.movies > movie notifications

discord.episodes > episode notifications

discord.seasons > season notifications

discord.shows > tv show notifications

discord.music > album notifications

This way I will have a separated feed for a specific channel in discord. If users are not interested in 1 of the categories they can mute the channel.

So far so good, but at the moment only notifications gets send for movies. 

Can a . symbol in the username break the script?

Test notifications get send fine.

rechigo
I knew this was going to be brought up at some point, I had just forgot to take a look into it myself

Okay, so what the new content notification does is it looks for the FIRST user that has the option enabled in the plugin settings, so if you have multiple users with it enabled, it will only select the first user and use the configuration for that user. I think what I'll do it fetch all the enabled configurations, filter out the ones that don't have the option enabled, loop through them, and send the notification (to put it simply)

Time for more testing! ughhh

Would you like me to PM you a preview build so you can test it yourself to make sure it works for your use case? @@RobinM sent via PM

I have a couple other things I might add so hopefully I'll have something out by the weekend

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 2

pir8radio

Looking forward to trying this, hoping we might see it in the catalogue soon!

Yes!  I hate trying to keep up with the side-loading of builds...    I keep poking @@ebr to add this one... lol  but rightfully so he keeps ignoring my pokes.  :lol:

5ea309364addc_source.gif

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 2

Pkanarki

Hi Rechigo

Thx for great plugin. I have used it with great succes for a couple of days now.

I am only 1 user in emby, and it works fine for discord notification to my android phone.

For some strange reason I will recieve 4 notifications in row, when a new live tv recording has finished. I correctly receive only 1 notification if new movie is added or playback started/stopped. So there issomekind of bug with live tv recordings, but I can live with it since the 4 messages are instantly at the same time and not coming in slowly.

Thx for plugin, let me know if you want some logs, if I know where they are?!

Best regards

rechigo

I've noticed that I also get multiple LiveTV notifications (usually 2-3), (scratch that, I must have been tired and read the two as the same since they had similar descriptions) I'm assuming I'm experiencing the same thing as you. I only recently started using LiveTV so I haven't noticed until recently

Could you show a screenshot of the 4 notifications?

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Edited by rechigo

Pkanarki

I've noticed that I also get multiple LiveTV notifications (usually 2-3), I'm assuming I'm experiencing the same thing as you. I only recently started using LiveTV so I haven't noticed until recently

Could you show a screenshot of the 4 notifications?

Sent from my Galaxy S10

I have attached a screenshot (not sure it shows anything speciel?) of the message received in discord on my android phone. The screenshot shows 1 of the messages. All 4 are completely identical and arrived at exact same hour/minute.

post-60932-0-24982800-1587914125_thumb.jpg

rechigo

Do you possibly have multiple users configured in the plugin settings to receive notifications? That's the only thing that I could think of right now that might cause 4 notifications to be sent immediately after one another

Ignore that, I just re-read your post where you said that you only receive one notification for movies but multiple for LiveTV, so that wouldn't make sense. I'll get back to you in a bit when I test a couple things that might be causing this

Edited by rechigo

Whiskeyjack

Hey there.  Love the plugin, just having a small issue:

The discord notification is misising the server name and I'm not sure why.  Example:

"I Am Legend (2007) has been added to"

And it just stops there, and continues on with the synopsis, etc.

Also, a request if I could... would it be possible to minimize the content of these notifications?  Meaning, I'd prefer to just have the "{title} has been added to {server}" and not include the synopsis and the links.

Thanks!