New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

rechigo

hello, there is a problem with the tutorial because there are no images thank you

Fixed. I had my server that hosts the images turned off and it looks like Github's cache expired so the images didn't load

rechigo

You ask, I provide:

768.png

It's nowhere near done, all I wanted to get to today was actually fetching the metadata and filling the Embed. I'm going to need to do a lot of testing to see how it behaves under certain circumstances and adjust the code accordingly (there will be slight differences depending on the content type)

• Like 2

pir8radio

You ask, I provide:

768.png

It's nowhere near done, all I wanted to get to today was actually fetching the metadata and filling the Embed. I'm going to need to do a lot of testing to see how it behaves under certain circumstances and adjust the code accordingly (there will be slight differences depending on the content type)

Dude, don't get my hopes up... lol   :o  :D

and i wonder how zapier will handle posting it to facebook for me...  

Edited by pir8radio

rechigo

Dude, don't get my hopes up... lol   :o  :D

and i wonder how zapier will handle posting it to facebook for me...  

From the screenshot you showed me of zapier it looks like it extracts the title field from the Embed, which in my screenshot was "The Crazies (1973) has blahblah...." so it should still work

Oh yeah, I totally forgot... The title is supposed to be a clickable link that takes you to that movie in Emby

ebr better let me in the catalog after this is all tested.......

Edited by rechigo

roormonger

You ask, I provide:

768.png

Nice. You are making good progress.

• Like 1

rechigo

Question for you guys

Should I limit notifications to Episodes, Movies, and Songs (how emby currently does it)?

Or should I give people the ability to enable notis for a general catagory (ie movies, tv shows, music) and have subcategories (episodes, songs, collections/boxsets, seasons) that they can toggle notifications for?

Edited by rechigo

samuelqwe

Should I limit notifications to Episodes, Movies, and Songs (how emby currently does it)?

Or should I give people the ability to enable notis for a general catagory (ie movies, tv shows, music) and have subcategories (episodes, songs, collections/boxsets, seasons) that they can toggle notifications for?

I think generally how Emby already does it is fine, but having those extra subcategories could be handy. For example, I think it would makes sense that there would be a TV Show/Season notification if you add many episodes at once, rather than an Episode notification for every episode.

pir8radio

Question for you guys

Yea i would agree...  How emby does it...  just because you can don't always mean you should..   :)        I know I'm only using it for movies...  I created a "discord" user on my emby server that only has access to the movie library, and "i assume" gets only those alerts... 

rechigo

I agree. In the future I will reconsider it, but for now I think the way Emby does it is good enough...

I'm probably about ~90% done, I just need to override the default media added notification & include artists w/ links on music

One thing I noticed when adding episodes/albums (or anything in bulk) is that we hit Discord's ratelimit extremely easily, so I'll have to work out a queue of some sort to make sure that no more than 5 messages are sent every 5 seconds

Expect a (possible) release late tomorrow :D

• Like 1

jaycedk

Just tested the update :)

good job :)

Found a bug.

The link at the top is pointing to my ip:port.

But sines im runnig behind a nginx reverse proxy that link dos not work :)

Feature request.

Add the ability to change that to domain name.

lol thats my own fault, needed to change the network options in emby.

Edited by jaycedk

jaycedk

Here is another feature request.

Add the ability to add different webhooks to different notifications.

1) New media.

2) User start playing / stopped playing

3) System messages

Edited by jaycedk

jaycedk

Hmm just added 6 albums from the same artist to a test library.

And got 5 notifications on discord, lol then emby server froze or got none responsive.

pir8radio

Awesome!     worked perfect!     I have a few "minor", lol, change ideas though if you are open to them?

For the embeded image, can we have the option to override the default server "server url" this is an odd request, I have multiple server urls,  and I "usually" only like to post my better known url  guest.mydomain.com  so the search engines only see that url.  The embeded emby image uses the url I have set in the emby server. both url's go to the same place, but the guest.mydomain.com i can shut off or whatever and not impact my regular users.    9 times out of 10 this wont be an issue for anyone else...   I'm probably a one off. 

IGNORE THE ABOVE, I changed zapier to post as an image rather than a "post" and that allows me to use the discord proxied image, and does not expose my real url!    Second facebook image below!    Everything is perfect!!!   great work!!     Might still be useful for some, if you click the Discord Post it does take people to my primary link, but that should be "ok" my discord users are private users and they already know the private url.

Wanted to show you what it looks like in Discord and Facebook (using zapier).   Blurred facebook because it shows my regular emby url, not my guest url.

Great work btw!

Discord:

5e7f738e48fdf_Screenshotfrom202003281055

Facebook:

5e7f73a80de5d_Screenshotfrom202003281043       5e7f763d4fe1b_Screenshotfrom202003281105

Edited by pir8radio

rechigo

Here is another feature request.

Add the ability to add different webhooks to different notifications.

1) New media.

2) User start playing / stopped playing

3) System messages

You can do this right now if you set up separate users and configure the plugin and notifications for that user

Hmm just added 6 albums from the same artist to a test library.

And got 5 notifications on discord, lol then emby server froze or got none responsive.

The reason for this is because of Discord's ratelimiting, which has a limit of 5 messages every 5 seconds (I'm pretty sure, could be wrong), so I need to make a queue of some sort to ensure that limit won't be hit and all notifications will be sent

Awesome!     worked perfect! 

IGNORE THE ABOVE, I changed zapier to post as an image rather than a "post" and that allows me to use the discord proxied image, and does not expose my real url!    Second facebook image below!    Everything is perfect!!!   great work!!     Might still be useful for some, if you click the Discord Post it does take people to my primary link, but that should be "ok" my discord users are private users and they already know the private url.

Wanted to show you what it looks like in Discord and Facebook (using zapier).   Blurred facebook because it shows my regular emby url, not my guest url.

Great work btw!

5e7f763d4fe1b_Screenshotfrom202003281105

It would be a good idea to give people the option to hide the links from showing, but that would introduce a bit of an issue for images that are served from the Emby server since even though Discord proxies the image, you can still get to the original URL. I could have the image uploaded and proxied through my file uploading service (or some other free one like imgur or whatever) but then again that might be a privacy issue for some people and I don't know if the catalog would allow that

Wait... Underwater is out now? I thought it was supposed to be released to bluray out on april 14th or something? Cam?

Edited by rechigo

jaycedk

You can do this right now if you set up separate users and configure the plugin and notifications for that user

Damn thats clever :) thanks for the tip.

The reason for this is because of Discord's ratelimiting, which has a limit of 5 messages every 5 seconds (I'm pretty sure, could be wrong), so I need to make a queue of some sort to ensure that limit won't be hit and all notifications will be sent

Ok thanks for the info :)

pir8radio

It would be a good idea to give people the option to hide the links from showing, but that would introduce a bit of an issue for images that are served from the Emby server since even though Discord proxies the image, you can still get to the original URL. I could have the image uploaded and proxied through my file uploading service (or some other free one like imgur or whatever) but then again that might be a privacy issue for some people and I don't know if the catalog would allow that

Wait... Underwater is out now? I thought it was supposed to be released to bluray out on april 14th or something? Cam?

No when you post using zapier to facebook as an image not a post it actually uploads the image to facebook, so it hides any path to the server..   I wouldnt worry about depending on a third party server...   yet...    

I don't do cam's   ;)

Edited by pir8radio

rechigo

No when you post using zapier to facebook as an image not a post it actually uploads the image to facebook, so it hides any path to the server..   I wouldnt worry about depending on a third party server...   yet...    

I see.. Never used zapier before.

I don't do cam's   ;)

yeah me either i dont know what piratecy is  :ph34r:

Search Results
Web Result with Site Links

roormonger

You are making awesome progress on this plugin. One thing I noticed is that when an episode is added the notification does not state what show it is for.

rechigo

You are making awesome progress on this plugin. One thing I noticed is that when an episode is added the notification does not state what show it is for.

Yes that makes sense

The next version will include the show name along with the episode's corresponding season/episode number

• Like 1

pir8radio

@@ebr is this plugin worthy of the catalog yet?    lol  I'm too lazy to manually download and upgrade...   Please assist in my lazyness, I'm also trying to social distance myself from my server.......  I think it has "the" virus....

• Like 2

rechigo

One of my goals here is to make sure everyone is able to use this plugin, to do that we need translations

I have opened up a onesky board for translations here: https://emby-discord-notifications.oneskyapp.com/

It is open for the public, all you have to do is create an account and start translating!

I would appreciate it if you guys could help translate it into your language. There are about 16 strings that need to be localized. If you see any incorrect strings, feel free to correct them.

Let me know if there are any issues, thanks!

• Like 1

samuelqwe

Did the French Canadian translation, which should be mostly interchangeable with just a regular French translation if there isn't one.

• Like 1