New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

samuelqwe

Great! I’ve been looking for a way to get Discord notifications for my Emby server since the Slack plugin has stopped working lately, so this is greatly appreciated.

CBers

@@rechigo A good idea, and I did try it, but why would you want to send notifications to Discord that everyone else there can see ?

Unless I'm missing something  :unsure:

miniliQuid

@@rechigo A good idea, and I did try it, but why would you want to send notifications to Discord that everyone else there can see ?

Unless I'm missing something  :unsure:

Well Discord has plenty of options. You can easily create your own server and/or channel. On top of that maybe family/friends that make use of your emby server also have discord and are in your server/channel and can use some of the data the plugin may post?

Personally I use it in my own server, in a private channel just for me and let it send admin messages.

I didn't feel the spam that any new show/movie was added, was a great addition so I left that and some other things out.

Edited by miniliQuid
  • Like 1

rechigo

tell me where to send beer money man cause I was stuck trying to hack the old plugin so I love you.

Thanks lol

You can buy me a beer by hitting the like button on my original post [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

CBers

Well Discord has plenty of options. You can easily create your own server and/or channel. On top of that maybe family/friends that make use of your emby server also have discord and are in your server/channel and can use some of the data the plugin may post?

Personally I use it in my own server, in a private channel just for me and let it send admin messages.

Long-time user of Discord, but setting up a private channel in my Discord just for notifications seems a bit overkill.

The plugin works really well, but it's not for me.

I'll stick to the email notifications I get.

Thanks though @@rechigo, I'm sure many others will find this useful :)

rechigo

Long-time user of Discord, but setting up a private channel in my Discord just for notifications seems a bit overkill.

The plugin works really well, but it's not for me.

I'll stick to the email notifications I get.

Thanks though @@rechigo, I'm sure many others will find this useful :)

Thanks for the feedback. I feel the same way towards email notifications ;)

• Like 2

lordfiSh

Hey, 

is it possible to post TV/Movie Name and not the Filename? 

If it could at some point to the same as tautulli, that would be great ;) 

13wsqTs.png

rechigo

I didn't even notice that, but I'm glad that you brought it up. I keep all my movies in folders with a format like "MovieName (YYYY)" so I just assumed it was giving me the actual media name when in reality it was giving me the folder name.. I have an idea of how I could accomplish this, hopefully if I am feeling better I can try it out tomorrow. I'll give some updates on how it goes when I get the chance

rechigo

Thank you so much! Hopefully it's just copy to 

/var/lib/emby-server/plugins

right?

Yes, on linux I believe that is right. Hopefully we can get this onto the plugin catalog eventually.

• Like 1

SilentDis

Yes, on linux I believe that is right. Hopefully we can get this onto the plugin catalog eventually.

Just returning to confirm that, yes, it goes in /var/lib/emby-server/plugins. Config was fast, painless, and works perfectly.

Would be nice if it waited a few moments for identification retrieval and did a rich embed of the description and cover art, but I understand it's early days.

Excellent work, thank you!

As soon as all the major kinks are worked out we will.

• Like 1

rechigo

Just returning to confirm that, yes, it goes in /var/lib/emby-server/plugins. Config was fast, painless, and works perfectly.

Would be nice if it waited a few moments for identification retrieval and did a rich embed of the description and cover art, but I understand it's early days.

Excellent work, thank you!

Yes, I have that on my todo list. Currently, opening plugin configuration pages is broken in the latest beta, so until that's fixed I'll use that as my excuse for procrastinating [emoji2]

• Like 1

SilentDis

Yes, I have that on my todo list. Currently, opening plugin configuration pages is broken in the latest beta, so until that's fixed I'll use that as my excuse for procrastinating [emoji2]

No excuses are necessary at all! Like I said: it's early days, and I'm just a user in this. This is brilliant so far, and I'm super encouraged someone's working on it in the first place :)

Take your time, please. It's highly appreciated, and I'm willing to wait. Thank you so much for sharing what's done :)

rechigo

Small update, but it's something...

Added: 

* Added the ability to choose between `@everyone`, `@here`, or `None` for mentions. You can read more about this by clicking the "help" button on the plugin configuration page

Fixed:

* Only send test notification to currently selected user, not to every configured used.

If you have any ideas of what I should add, please leave some feedback. I'm still working on getting the custom media added embed with info like the media name, description, cover art, etc.

THANKS!

Emby.Notifications.Discord.Update.1.0.2.0.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
finish.06

I installed the plugin as directed and it loads in the UI, however I do not get any notifications when individuals play media.  I know the web hook is properly set up because the testing features works as expected.  I am running Emby server on a Synology 1815+, i.e. x86-64 platform.  Thoughts?

samuelqwe

I installed the plugin as directed and it loads in the UI, however I do not get any notifications when individuals play media. I know the web hook is properly set up because the testing features works as expected. I am running Emby server on a Synology 1815+, i.e. x86-64 platform. Thoughts?

Have you enabled the notification itself? You have to go in your dashboard, and on the sidebar there should be a Notifications section which you can customize.

• Like 2

finish.06

That is a great question.  I had not enabled the the notification itself!  Didn't even realize that existed.  Thank you because it works now!