New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

GrimReaper
56 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

If the Webhooks plugin supported items added, and to complete it items removed. These issues could be easily avoided.

Well, hopefully in some not-to-distant future it might get implemented. 🙄

grafxxx

Fun Fact. The Plugin has its own life. After a rescan it began sending out notifications for every Show and every season which is in my library. I think we might have to wait for Notifiarr.

BaukeZwart
23 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

Fun Fact. The Plugin has its own life. After a rescan it began sending out notifications for every Show and every season which is in my library. I think we might have to wait for Notifiarr.

I expect Notifiarr supporting Emby very soon but the webhook plugin doesn't send items added/removed as it is. 
So for full support we have to wait for that to be implemented.

GrimReaper
44 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

Did you manage to get Sonarr multiple-instances going?

grafxxx
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Did you manage to get Sonarr multiple-instances going?

unfortunately not because everytime I added a second sonarr the Pi rebooted. But that has to do something with the services I suppose

GrimReaper
On 5/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, GrimReaper76 said:

Edit2: Not using rclone, but if I understand correctly, you can unify multiple systems as one:

https://rclone.org/union/

Someone with actual experience might chime in. 

Did you try the alternative, to pool all your rclones? That way you could only have single Sonarr instance running?

• 1 month later...
ThieuMa

Hello It's me again !

Hi have a problem. When I'm adding a movie or new episode, the notification is sent, but my emby server seems to crash 😕

Do someone know how to fix that ?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, ThieuMa said:

Hello It's me again !

Hi have a problem. When I'm adding a movie or new episode, the notification is sent, but my emby server seems to crash 😕

Do someone know how to fix that ?

Thanks

Hi, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
ThieuMa
On 5/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, BillOatman said:

Thanks, I think you deleted something which sent it into a tailspin too :)  Try this with debug logging again please.

Emby.Notifications.Discord1202.dll.zip 55.02 kB · 9 downloads

Hello ! It's me again. Just to say that I was using the wrong version. Now no more crash with the one above. However for some episodes of certains series added, there is not the name of the show but the name of the library where it is located (I don't know if the way I explained it is clear).

Any solution to fix that ?

Thanks

Edited by ThieuMa

• 3 months later...
gnarlydancer

Hey, new to this. When trying to set the plugin up, up top I have an option of "Configure discord notifications for" and then its all the Emby users I have set up. When I go to test it, I get a "Please configure notifications for this user first.". What am I missing? I dont see any notification options under the user settings in Emby. Trying to figure out where I am missing something. Thanks in advance

Hello, I had installed the plugin manually yesterday, today the server unexpectedly started to stop itself, can someone help to see if this is really from the Discord Notification error and how to solve it?

Attaching the log to help

embyserver (2).txt

Edited by praxs

• 2 weeks later...
ryzilla
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

If you want to stay with Discord, Notifiarr's great solution. 

yeah this great just set it all up. I had to use sonarr and radarr plugins until emby allows new media config.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
20 minutes ago, ryzilla said:

I had to use sonarr and radarr plugins until emby allows new media config.

Yeah, that "New content added" webhook has been coming for some time. 

darkside40

Being hones the Webhooks will never ever be integrated till more people say that they are interested in it.

They will be lost in the Emby friend zone aka "We consider it for a future release".

So if you want them head over to the thread and show some love for it. With the webhook on hand it would be a breeze to build something on the top of Node Red, Python, JS etc. which would be much easier to handle and to keep up to date.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I'm having a difficult time making this work.  Is there a document with instructions on how to set this up? I've added the latest DLL in the plugin folder, enabled notifications in Emby, and copied the webhook address to my server, but I receive an error when testing.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Z

error.PNG

darkside40

If you have read the last posts in this thread carefully you might see that this plugin is not compatible with the latest versions of the Emby Server.

Maybe @rechigo could give an update if this plugin is abondoned. He has not been around here for quite sometime and also the Plugin has not seen any updates since may last year.

I reread the whole thread last night and used the latest plugin which is now working.  A bit new to emby and I didn't realize you had to manage the plugin within the plugins section in the settings 😅

Thanks to whoever contributed in building this plugin! I now need to find a tv show music theme plugin.