New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

pir8radio
35 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Hmmm.  I think I have gone past my ability to work on it without being able to run in the debugger :)

What's in github will have to do until someone who uses this can take the torch :)

you just need to use it... Problem solved.  🤣

Edited by pir8radio
  • Haha 1

GrimReaper

For those interested:

Thanks to @BaukeZwart for making me aware of the alternative, namely Notifiarr (GitHub - Notifiarr/notifiarr: Client for Notifiarr.com).

It has great integration with Discord and notifications are highly customizable (fields, colors) and look really smooth.

Currently not Emby compatible, but should be shortly, as per Dev.

For those that can't wait that long (like me), atm it can be done via Sonarr (Webhooks) and Radarr (native support). 10ish minutes setup and off you go.

750614861_Screenshot2021-05-24232808.thumb.png.157d9d3c0d1fb8a663954e3117f52121.png

379220700_Screenshot2021-05-24232750.png.bb15f21352867fb95c404a8d12c56e5e.png

Edited by GrimReaper76
Typos
  • Like 1

miniliQuid
53 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

For those interested:

Thanks to @BaukeZwart for making me aware of the alternative, namely Notifiarr (GitHub - Notifiarr/notifiarr: Client for Notifiarr.com).

It has great integration with Discord and notifications are highly customizable (fields, colors) and look really smooth.

Currently not Emby compatible, but should be shortly, as per Dev.

For those that can't wait that long (like me), atm it can be done via Sonarr (Webhooks) and Radarr (native support). 10ish minutes setup and off you go.

750614861_Screenshot2021-05-24232808.thumb.png.157d9d3c0d1fb8a663954e3117f52121.png

379220700_Screenshot2021-05-24232750.png.bb15f21352867fb95c404a8d12c56e5e.png

Don't Sonarr and Radarr already have integration with discord that pretty much looks like this?

GrimReaper
36 minutes ago, miniliQuid said:

Don't Sonarr and Radarr already have integration with discord that pretty much looks like this?

That was just a service test for when it does get Emby-compatible. Truth be told, have no idea how Sonarr notifications look like natively. 

grafxxx

Just tested the plugin with the 4.6.1 emby version. Server not crashing and getting enriched data for tv shows but not movies. Also the double posting remains (1x not enriched / 1x enriched). The Notifiarr project looks really nice but I hope someone has an idea how to fix this here.

BaukeZwart
1 hour ago, grafxxx said:

Just tested the plugin with the 4.6.1 emby version. Server not crashing and getting enriched data for tv shows but not movies. Also the double posting remains (1x not enriched / 1x enriched). The Notifiarr project looks really nice but I hope someone has an idea how to fix this here.

For the first time I had the same issue with double notifications.
1x not enriched / 1x partly enriched (never getting the external links)

grafxxx
1 minute ago, BaukeZwart said:

and did you change anything after this happened in your settings?

BaukeZwart

No settings are untouched (before and after this happened). There is not much to set.

Emby.png

Edited by BaukeZwart

xodox
4 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I have the same problem, double notifications for example when a movie was added

madsprite
21 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

That was just a service test for when it does get Emby-compatible. Truth be told, have no idea how Sonarr notifications look like natively. 

image.png.970fbfbc2e9637d3afa95f1390b6526a.png

They look like this.

• Thanks 1

grafxxx
1 hour ago, madsprite said:

image.png.970fbfbc2e9637d3afa95f1390b6526a.png

They look like this.

But is it possible to have Sonarr watch your library and automatically send a notification if something is added?

GrimReaper
33 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

But is it possible to have Sonarr watch your library and automatically send a notification if something is added?

Yes, configure Blackhole (Settings>DL Clients).

Lhreaper

I'm only getting some notifications. I have tried different settings for the past 4 days with no luck.  The server gets 100's of new files a day.  Can anyone assist?

Screenshot 2021-05-25 7.19.20 PM.png

442242912_Screenshot2021-05-257_17_35PM.thumb.png.a0e90e9c5948b3855d60df3296740a1a.png

unknown.jpeg

Edited by Lhreaper
Wrong image

grafxxx
9 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Yes, configure Blackhole (Settings>DL Clients).

Ok but even if I don't use Sonarr to download, just for manage the data?

In theory I want Sonarr just to watch my folders and if I add something to these folders it should send out a notification,

grafxxx

So after a test with the 4.6.1 version of emby server, I'm not getting information doubled anymore. But I found out that the language is an issue. For example my US Shows library is set on german metadata. When a new episode is added it displays the correct title but no additional info as there is none in German. I changed this to english and it works. Unfortunately I don't get any movie info since this server release.

GrimReaper

Ok but even if I don't use Sonarr to download, just for manage the data?

In theory I want Sonarr just to watch my folders and if I add something to these folders it should send out a notification,

That is exactly how I use it, for tracking purposes only.

grafxxx
1 minute ago, GrimReaper76 said:

That is exactly how I use it, for tracking purposes only.

ok and I just setup sonarr without any downloader, add my library and then connect it to telegram or discord? it watches the folders itself or do I have to add something?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

ok and I just setup sonarr without any downloader, add my library and then connect it to telegram or discord? it watches the folders itself or do I have to add something?

It works a bit differently: you setup a "watch" folder, in which you manually place episodes which are, in turn, imported by Sonarr - and that triggers an event and you get a notification.

grafxxx
5 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

It works a bit differently: you setup a "watch" folder, in which you manually place episodes which are, in turn, imported by Sonarr - and that triggers an event and you get a notification.

Ok nice way but I'm only able to set one watch folder in Blackhole. As I have different rclone drives this won't work, so back to the discord plugin...:(

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, grafxxx said:

Ok nice way but I'm only able to set one watch folder in Blackhole. As I have different rclone drives this won't work, so back to the discord plugin...:(

IIRC, you can have multiple instances running, which would monitor different folders. I don't use it for Sonarr, but have multiples on Radarr.

Edit: Yeah, same process, use NSSM.

Edit2: Not using rclone, but if I understand correctly, you can unify multiple systems as one:

https://rclone.org/union/

Someone with actual experience might chime in. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

grafxxx
16 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

IIRC, you can have multiple instances running, which would monitor different folders. I don't use it for Sonarr, but have multiples on Radarr.

Edit: Yeah, same process, use NSSM.

ok thank you I will give it a try

grafxxx

one thing I recognized. Why is the show title not mentioned but the library where the show is listed?

For example it says "Shows S01E01Das Knappen Turnier" instead of "Crossing Swords S01E01 Das Knappen Turnier"

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-27 um 10.21.55.png

GrimReaper

one thing I recognized. Why is the show title not mentioned but the library where the show is listed?

For example it says "Shows S01E01Das Knappen Turnier" instead of "Crossing Swords S01E01 Das Knappen Turnier"

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-27 um 10.21.55.png

Hm, I assume that's Emby>Discord plugin, this is how I receive it via Sonarr>Notifiarr:

645602727_Screenshot2021-05-27120354.thumb.png.6a191e96b5a6c88b92600f3ee2221bc9.png

I assume @BillOatman will chime in.

Edited by GrimReaper76

BaukeZwart

If the Webhooks plugin supported items added, and to complete it items removed. These issues could be easily avoided.