New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

BillOatman
1 hour ago, Legend1981 said:

1.0.7.9 does not work with any version of Emby Server I'm told.  If you read posts before yours, you will see some debugging effort had gone on earlier today.  I submitted a pull request to the plugin's author with a fix.  In the meantime, you can try the DLL attached to the post 4 above yours and see if that works for you.

BillOatman
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, the developer is investing his own time and energy into the plugin. Please help make it easier for him to help you by seeing how to report a problem. Thanks.

Hi Luke:  I posted this earlier, not sure if you saw it:

@Luke  It's doing this to get the server name, which he has set but apparently is coming through as null to the plugin.

private readonly IServerConfigurationManager _serverConfiguration;

public Notifier(ILogManager logManager, IJsonSerializer jsonSerializer, IServerConfigurationManager serverConfiguration, ...
_serverConfiguration = serverConfiguration;

ServerConfiguration serverConfig = _serverConfiguration.Configuration;
 string serverName = options.ServerNameOverride ? serverConfig.ServerName : "Emby Server";  // Note:  options.ServerNameOverride is true

mediaAddedEmbed.embeds.First().title = $"{titleText} has been added to {serverName.Trim()}"; // serverName.Trim() throws null reference exception
Is that not the correct way now?

ryzilla

Hi Guys

I've updated the dll to the latest and unticked the send server name and i can too confirm its all working.

Thanks for all your work BillOatman! Let us know if we can support your efforts in anyway.

kelly.clubb

Did I miss the dll to update somewhere in this thread? If so can I ask what page it's on?

BillOatman
31 minutes ago, kelly.clubb said:

Did I miss the dll to update somewhere in this thread? If so can I ask what page it's on?

I also submitted a pull request to the plugin developer so hopefully a official release should be available soon.

• Like 1

BillOatman
1 hour ago, ryzilla said:

Hi Guys

I've updated the dll to the latest and unticked the send server name and i can too confirm its all working.

Thanks for all your work BillOatman! Let us know if we can support your efforts in anyway.

You dont need to uncheck the server name box now.  So if/when the server name is working again you will see it in discord.

• Like 1

ryzilla
20 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

You dont need to uncheck the server name box now.  So if/when the server name is working again you will see it in discord.

Sweet will add the tickbox back and see how it goes :)

kelly.clubb

Sorry for sounding uninformed, I tossed the dll in the Emby Server folder and in the plugins folder and neither seems to have fixed anything. Did I need to rename the file or replace it? Also on a windows box.

Edit: I found a separate plugins folder, I will test.

Edited by kelly.clubb

ryzilla
9 hours ago, kelly.clubb said:

Sorry for sounding uninformed, I tossed the dll in the Emby Server folder and in the plugins folder and neither seems to have fixed anything. Did I need to rename the file or replace it? Also on a windows box.

Edit: I found a separate plugins folder, I will test.

You sort it out? let me know if you need a hand

rechigo
21 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Hi:  I think I just put in a pull request to get it back functioning again.

I'll check it out when I get home today. Thank you for helping maintaining the plugin, myself & the community appreciate it a lot.

• Thanks 2

kelly.clubb
8 hours ago, ryzilla said:

You sort it out? let me know if you need a hand

I found where the original dll was and replaced it. I am unsure if there was anything else that was supposed to be changed. Sadly I'm still only getting posts on update notifications. Tried restarting emby and no change.

ryzilla
2 hours ago, kelly.clubb said:

I found where the original dll was and replaced it. I am unsure if there was anything else that was supposed to be changed. Sadly I'm still only getting posts on update notifications. Tried restarting emby and no change.

What OS win or unix?

I'm using windows i put it in both places not sure if thats correct but it worked for me.

C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins
C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

Does the test notifications work at all if not it could be the webhooks are not valid.

Edited by ryzilla

GrimReaper
6 hours ago, kelly.clubb said:

You only need to put it in programdata\plugins folder. Also, check that "New content added" in Dashboard>Advanced>Notifications is actually enabled and configured for particular user.

kelly.clubb
6 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

You only need to put it in programdata\plugins folder. Also, check that "New content added" in Dashboard>Advanced>Notifications is actually enabled and configured for particular user.

So, thanks for the New Content Added part as that was disabled. I did enable it and set to send to all users. I have 2 of the users set to separate discord channels and neither is working. I have 1 with replace server name and the other without (for testing both). Test notifications work just fine, so it's not a webhook issue. I will try this again see if anything changes.

I will also let you know I'm on the beta branch on a windows box. I had also placed the file in the wrong folder earlier. I restarted emby after all the changes still no luck yet.

Edited by kelly.clubb

grafxxx

Hey, i uninstalled the old version and replaced it with the mentioned one above. Test message and adding episodes works but I get no extra content (no pictures / imdb) with the new added media? What am I doing wrong? My plugin.dll is stored on my Pi under /var/lib/emby/plugins. Is this the correct path as it is recognized?

IMG_633CAD96967F-1.jpeg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-19 um 09.36.47.png

Edited by grafxxx

GrimReaper
47 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

Hey, i uninstalled the old version and replaced it with the mentioned one above. Test message and adding episodes works but I get no extra content (no pictures / imdb) with the new added media? What am I doing wrong? My plugin.dll is stored on my Pi under /var/lib/emby/plugins. Is this the correct path as it is recognized?

IMG_633CAD96967F-1.jpeg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-19 um 09.36.47.png

Don't know about Pi paths, but it looks OK as you are receiving notifications, so I'd say your setup is in order. Those notifications truly do look like generic ones (like you'd get via other notification methods: Pushbullet, Pushover, Email...), they just ain't getting enriched. Maybe post a server log for @BillOatman to possibly take a look and see what data gets passed (or not).

39 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

The entire Plugin is the DLL file. so everything was replaced. Do I have to delete the old config for the plugin too and set it up again? @GrimReaper76

No need to delete configurations xml, although you might check if the <Enable> section reflects your setup:

<EnableMovies>true</EnableMovies>

<EnableEpisodes>true</EnableEpisodes>

<EnableSeries>true</EnableSeries>

<EnableSeasons>true</EnableSeasons>

<EnableAlbums>false</EnableAlbums>

<EnableSongs>false</EnableSongs>

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, kelly.clubb said:

So, thanks for the New Content Added part as that was disabled. I did enable it and set to send to all users. I have 2 of the users set to separate discord channels and neither is working. I have 1 with replace server name and the other without (for testing both). Test notifications work just fine, so it's not a webhook issue. I will try this again see if anything changes.

I will also let you know I'm on the beta branch on a windows box. I had also placed the file in the wrong folder earlier. I restarted emby after all the changes still no luck yet.

Seems like the same problem I was having, Test messages went through, New content added didn't. Same as above, post Server log.

Don't know how does the plugin behave with beta server branch.

kelly.clubb
8 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Seems like the same problem I was having, Test messages went through, New content added didn't. Same as above, post Server log.

Don't know how does the plugin behave with beta server branch.

embyserver.txt

grafxxx

Test Message works but still the added TV Episodes are not enriched..I attached the screenshot of discord and the new server log. Could it be an collusion with the telegram notification I use?

IMG_6A580991C159-1.jpeg

embyserver.txt

BillOatman

@grafxxxYou are running the beta and not getting enriched information and

@GrimReaper76  You are not running the beta are are getting the enriched data

Is that correct?

If so, can you guys compare notes and make sure your configurations are the same? If it ends up being a beta issue I'll likely wait until its released then take a look at it.