Missing Seasons In Some TV Shows

richwphillips@yahoo.com

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I have a number of cartoon tv shows for my kids and Emby can't find one show at all and can't find 2 seasons for 2 other shows. The missing show is Curious George (PBS series from 2006). The shows missing seasons are Phineas and Ferb (finds seasons 3 and 4, but nothing from 1 or 2) and The Loud House (finds seasons 2 and 4, but nothing from 1 and 3). It's very odd in the case of Phineas and Ferb because I know for a fact all of those videos are from the same source and in the same format so I can't understand why it can only find 2 of the 4 seasons. I use an episode naming software for all of my shows so they have the same format across the board. I also have Plex on my Roku and it has no problems finding the missing show OR the missing seasons. I like Emby better overall, but Plex does have a leg up on it in this area.

richwphillips@yahoo.com

Hey, Luke,

As always, I appreciate the prompt responses. I can't seem to screen copy and paste so I'll type out one of the file names for an episode from one of the missing seasons.

Phineas and Ferb\Season 1\Phineas and Ferb - 1x42 - Out of Toon.mkv

I run all of my episodes through FileBot to get standardized episode names so all of my files are named this way. Only the 2 seasons for Phineas and Ferb and the 2 seasons for The Loud House fail to get recognized by Emby. I tried taking the files out of the season subfolders and when I did that, Emby didn't find any episodes and didn't even make a folder for either show. This is the problem I have with Curious George. Emby won't even make a folder for the show no matter if I use season subfolders or not. If I was having similar problems with Plex, I would assume something was wrong with my files or the naming convention I'm using. Also, if Emby wasn't finding my other shows and seasons that use the same format, I would suspect a problem with the format I am using. It's not a huge deal since I can find the shows and episodes on Plex. More of an annoyance than a critical issue. 

As a test, can you try moving both of those series folders out of your library, then running a full scan to flush them out of the database, and then adding them back?

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I tried that and did the same with the show that Emby hasn't ever found (Curious George) and I get the same results. No Curious George and the same 2 missing seasons for The Loud House and Phineas and Ferb. Again, this isn't a huge deal since Plex finds all shows and seasons. Just a curiosity as to why Emby can't find them. Thanks again for always responding, Luke. That's an area Emby has over Plex by a mile.

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I appreciate the willingness to help, but it doesn't matter that much to me so I'll just live with it. It was more of a curiosity than anything that caused me serious problems. Thanks to both of you for getting back to me so quickly. If it ever bothers me more than it does now, I'll reopen this thread or start a new one. Appreciate it, guys!

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I appreciate that. It's just not a big enough deal to me to give someone access to my computer. I'm sure it would be okay, but call me an old paranoid cynic! Lol. It's not a big issue at all which is why I debated about posting anything about it in the first place. Just thought maybe someone else had run into a similar issue and I might be able to benefit from  their experience.

I do have a similar issue. Sometimes new Seasons are just not being recognized by Emby. They are being correctly copied by the AutoOrganize-Plugin, I even get a Push (per Telegram-Plugin) that the episodes have been added, but they do not appear in Emby. Sometimes it helps to rename the folder (Season 1 -> Season 01). Even if I then delete the season via MetaData-Manager to cleanup the Database an putting it again in the correct folder doesn't work. It is like the folder is blacklistet, maybe there are some old entrys in the database, which don't get cleaned up. I would be happy to help, as I can easy reproduce the error with some shows / seasons.

I do have a similar issue. Sometimes new Seasons are just not being recognized by Emby. They are being correctly copied by the AutoOrganize-Plugin, I even get a Push (per Telegram-Plugin) that the episodes have been added, but they do not appear in Emby. Sometimes it helps to rename the folder (Season 1 -> Season 01). Even if I then delete the season via MetaData-Manager to cleanup the Database an putting it again in the correct folder doesn't work. It is like the folder is blacklistet, maybe there are some old entrys in the database, which don't get cleaned up. I would be happy to help, as I can easy reproduce the error with some shows / seasons.

HI there, can you please go over specific file and folder naming examples? have you tried running a library scan?

aptalca

I did notice that on the latest stable with the latest tvdb, when I go into library settings for the tv shows, there is no tvdb option under "Season metadata downloaders:", only themoviedb, which is not selected. I believe the missing downloader option is why the seasons are not being scraped.

5e472852da30d_Annotation20200214180733.p

EDIT: Hmm, maybe that's not it. I did a rescan of the files, and now I see entries in the log talking about removing virtual seasons and creating actual seasons. Not sure what caused the virtual seasons to be created when I added a fresh new library.

Edited by aptalca

Happy2Play

I did notice that on the latest stable with the latest tvdb, when I go into library settings for the tv shows, there is no tvdb option under "Season metadata downloaders:", only themoviedb, which is not selected. I believe the missing downloader option is why the seasons are not being scraped.

5e472852da30d_Annotation20200214180733.p

Shouldn't have anything to do with it.  Majority of all Show Seasons have zero metadata.

Only TMDB currently provides Season level metadata.  Unless there was a recent change on TVDB they do not have any.

aptalca

Yeah I realize that now. But also noticing that when newly added materials are detected, the seasons are added as virtual (and not displayed in the gui) and when I do a rescan afterwards, they get replaced with the actual seasons.

I'll do some more testing and report here as I haven't yet confirmed whether it's due to any connection issues with tvdb

HI there, can you please go over specific file and folder naming examples? have you tried running a library scan?

All Paths look like this:

"D:\TV-Serien\Ray Donovan\Season 1\Ray Donovan - S01E01 - Vater unser.mkv"

As for this series, initially the series folder name was followed by the year of release - Ray Donovan (2013). But after adding season 4 or 5, emby would not recognize the new series. I also noticed, that no metadata (.nfo) was added. So I tried libray scans, deleted the whole series, added it again multiple times. Sometimes, it only recognized the newly added season, but all others where missing, sometimes it recognized all expect the newly added. So I ended up but putting it into a complete new folder (without the year) and then everything was correctly added to the library.

And this is reproduceable:

-Delete the series with the Metadata-Manager (check that all folders have been removed)

-Do a libray scan

-Add the series again in the folder followed by the year

-Do a library scan

-Series is not added to the library successfully (although a push message is created that states that the episode has been added successfully)

My only explanation are some broken database entrys, which are not cleaned up correctly.

Edited by chstoll

• 2 weeks later...
ewer0012

All Paths look like this:

"D:\TV-Serien\Ray Donovan\Season 1\Ray Donovan - S01E01 - Vater unser.mkv"

As for this series, initially the series folder name was followed by the year of release - Ray Donovan (2013). But after adding season 4 or 5, emby would not recognize the new series. I also noticed, that no metadata (.nfo) was added. So I tried libray scans, deleted the whole series, added it again multiple times. Sometimes, it only recognized the newly added season, but all others where missing, sometimes it recognized all expect the newly added. So I ended up but putting it into a complete new folder (without the year) and then everything was correctly added to the library.

And this is reproduceable:

-Delete the series with the Metadata-Manager (check that all folders have been removed)

-Do a libray scan

-Add the series again in the folder followed by the year

-Do a library scan

-Series is not added to the library successfully (although a push message is created that states that the episode has been added successfully)

My only explanation are some broken database entrys, which are not cleaned up correctly.

I'm encountering the same issue with TV seasons not showing up and it seems to be getting worse. A week ago it was 1 TV show, now it's most of them.

My folder structure is all set up like this:

..\Video\TV Shows\House\Season 1\House - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

If y'all are still offering a support session, I'd be happy to make myself available at some point.

Edit:

I wanted to note that it'll happen on shows regardless of whether or not it has a year in the show's folder name.

Edit 2:

For example, Letterkenny's folder structure is attached, along with what the Emby Client shows.

Edit 3:

I tried a "Scan Media Library," a Vacuum by editing the system.xml and setting VacuumDatabaseOnStartup to "true", as well as using sqlite to run a vacuum, analyze, and reindex of the library.db

Edit 4:

When I first noticed the issue I removed the "TV Shows" library from the Library list on the Emby Server and recreated it as "TV" after doing a Scan Media Library task. Once I added it, I ran another Scan Media Library task and the shows that were missing episodes before were still missing episodes.

post-82314-0-68363100-1583372368_thumb.png

post-82314-0-86079700-1583372464_thumb.png

post-82314-0-41803100-1583372469_thumb.png

Edited by ewer0012

Happy2Play

I'm encountering the same issue with TV seasons not showing up and it seems to be getting worse. A week ago it was 1 TV show, now it's most of them.

My folder structure is all set up like this:

..\Video\TV Shows\House\Season 1\House - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

If y'all are still offering a support session, I'd be happy to make myself available at some point.

Edit:

I wanted to note that it'll happen on shows regardless of whether or not it has a year in the show's folder name.

Edit 2:

For example, Letterkenny's folder structure is attached, along with what the Emby Client shows.

Edit 3:

I tried a "Scan Media Library," a Vacuum by editing the system.xml and setting VacuumDatabaseOnStartup to "true", as well as using sqlite to run a vacuum, analyze, and reindex of the library.db

First I would check the episode nfo files, do they contain all the right information?  Can you post one.

ewer0012

Hmm... I'm noticing in the tvshow.nfo it has:

</episodeguide>
  <season>-1</season>
  <episode>-1</episode>

It wouldn't let me upload the episode NFO file for some reason, so here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot>Daryl and Katy try to help Wayne get some action, while Wayne reconnects with his inner fighter.</plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2019-01-16 13:18:53</dateadded>
  <title>Ain't No Reason to Get Excited</title>
  <director>Jacob Tierney</director>
  <rating>9</rating>
  <year>2016</year>
  <imdbid>tt4762044</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5397918</tvdbid>
  <runtime>23</runtime>
  <art>
    <poster>\\10.0.1.42\Video\TV Shows\Letterkenny\Season 1\Letterkenny - S01E01 - Ain't No Reason to Get Excited-thumb.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <aired>2016-02-07</aired>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>5502046</bitrate>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>23.976025</framerate>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>23</duration>
        <durationinseconds>1380</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>192000</bitrate>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <codec>subrip</codec>
        <micodec>subrip</micodec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

tvshow.nfo

Happy2Play

Hmm... I'm noticing in the tvshow.nfo it has:

</episodeguide>
  <season>-1</season>
  <episode>-1</episode>

It wouldn't let me upload the episode NFO file for some reason, so here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot>Daryl and Katy try to help Wayne get some action, while Wayne reconnects with his inner fighter.</plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2019-01-16 13:18:53</dateadded>
  <title>Ain't No Reason to Get Excited</title>
  <director>Jacob Tierney</director>
  <rating>9</rating>
  <year>2016</year>
  <imdbid>tt4762044</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5397918</tvdbid>
  <runtime>23</runtime>
  <art>
    <poster>\\10.0.1.42\Video\TV Shows\Letterkenny\Season 1\Letterkenny - S01E01 - Ain't No Reason to Get Excited-thumb.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <aired>2016-02-07</aired>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>5502046</bitrate>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>23.976025</framerate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>23</duration>
        <durationinseconds>1380</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>192000</bitrate>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <codec>subrip</codec>
        <micodec>subrip</micodec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

Not seeing any issue here.  Only other thing would providing a server log after a library scan.