Unable to sign in when not on home network

diaz1510

diaz1510

While on my mobile device, I can access my emby server and watch media just fine when I'm on my home wifi network, but as soon as I am on mobile data, I can't sign in.  I try to sign in with my emby connect account but it just brings me back to the screen that shows my server to select and when I select it, it gives me a connection failure error and tells me to ensure it is running and to try again.

I wanted to attach logs, but the folder that is supposed to keep the logs does not exist.  Using ES File Explorer I can navigate to Android/data/com.mb.android/files but under the "files" folder there is nothing...maybe it is in another location?

I've even tried to manually connect to my server using the remote WAN IP address, but same connection failure error.

Is there a setting on the server side I am forgetting?

oh and i've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app multiple times as well...same issues each time

Emby Android v3.0.97

Emby Server v4.3.1.0

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

Doh!

Looks like my port forwarding was pointing to the incorrect local IP server address...changed it and VIOLA!  it works....thanks!

• 2 months later...
nikita94

Doh!

Looks like my port forwarding was pointing to the incorrect local IP server address...changed it and VIOLA!  it works....thanks!

ciao riusciresti ad aiutare anche me gentilmente ? stesso problema tuo 

ciao riusciresti ad aiutare anche me gentilmente ? stesso problema tuo

Hi there, did you take a look at our connection troubleshooter above? Thanks.