Hebrew Subtitles: Request to correct the location of punctuation marks

AlderaaN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, SereneLoner said:

Hello,

Any updates?

Thanks.

Hi, what are you asking for an update on?

SereneLoner
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what are you asking for an update on?

On when Hebrew subtitles will get fixed on the android tv app. The location of the punctuation marks is still wrong.

5 minutes ago, SereneLoner said:

On when Hebrew subtitles will get fixed on the android tv app. The location of the punctuation marks is still wrong.

OK that will be in a future update to the app, but the standard app fully supports TV devices.

SereneLoner
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK that will be in a future update to the app, but the standard app fully supports TV devices.

Not really, it's really hard to navigate using the standard app on a shield. But I can wait for a fix.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, SereneLoner said:

Not really, it's really hard to navigate using the standard app on a shield. But I can wait for a fix.

Thank you.

Hi there, why do you think it's hard to navigate? Have you tried the latest version?

SereneLoner
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, why do you think it's hard to navigate? Have you tried the latest version?

Hi, I didn't explain myself well enough. It's not hard to navigate, just not as smooth as the TV app (takes like 10 seconds to start a 4k BLURAY movie) and also missing features that I use like stretch picture.

And yes I tried the latest version.

57 minutes ago, SereneLoner said:

Hi, I didn't explain myself well enough. It's not hard to navigate, just not as smooth as the TV app (takes like 10 seconds to start a 4k BLURAY movie) and also missing features that I use like stretch picture.

And yes I tried the latest version.

Have you explored the aspect ratio option in the video player? Starting a video should be mostly the same between the two because they have (almost) the same video player. Most likely something between the two apps is configured differently and that is the reason for the difference.

SereneLoner
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you explored the aspect ratio option in the video player? Starting a video should be mostly the same between the two because they have (almost) the same video player. Most likely something between the two apps is configured differently and that is the reason for the difference.

I tried to change to aspect ratio to cover or fill, but when I watch a 4k movie with a 2.39:1 ratio (1917 for example), the aspect ratio won't change. That's something I'm only able to do by stretching in the TV app (zoom->vertical stretch).

Stating a video isn't that bad but it's definitely slower than the TV app.

So thank you very much for your suggestions, but for me the TV app is a must.

Edited by SereneLoner