79 replies to this topic

#1 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 AM

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

You'll notice this in nearly all vertical list screens now. No more paging buttons !  Do you have 10,000 movies? The scrolling will breeze through them now.

Please try it out and report your experience.

Important: This isn't going to happen for IE11. In fact, without getting into details, IE11 is kind of getting screwed here.

Still To Do

• Support this in the Live TV guide
  • Support this with horizontal lists
  • Support in a few other vertical lists - there's only a few missing, such as the now playing queue, add to collections/playlists, the identify dialog, etc.

• SikSlayer, FrostByte, MikePlanet and 8 others like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

@Happy2Play if you want to have at it, there's probably about a thousand threads you could update to notify users of this, ranging from requests for infinite scrolling, to requests to customize the 100 limit, to performance problems related to scrolling, etc. Thanks.

#3 levander OFFLINE  

levander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Local time: 07:16 AM

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:22 PM

The problem with "infinite" scrolling (tested on iPad OS) is when metadata or image is edited on the item it jumps back to the beginning.

Edited by levander, 07 February 2020 - 06:40 AM.

#4 levander OFFLINE  

levander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

Hope to see this beta for Mac users...

• patje57 likes this

#5 Happy2Play ONLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 17674 posts
  • Local time: 10:16 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

I would assume there will need to be client/app updates for this to apply.

#6 SikSlayer OFFLINE  

SikSlayer

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 696 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:23 PM

Ahh! So that's what it was! It works exactly as one would imagine it should as well.

Excellent job!  :D

#7 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4392 posts
  • Local time: 06:16 AM

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:15 AM

Posted in the iOS thread

infinite scrolling is very welcomed but i feel its let down by it being disabled once the alpha picker has been used. if i got to M for example, i cannot then see anything beginning with L or earlier

I don’t use the beta server so I can’t confirm if this happens in the web app

#8 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1672 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:33 AM

a letter picker would go hand in hand with this great ergonomic improvement. the best implementation i have seen is where the letter picker appears once the speed of scrolling exceeds a certain pace and you can quickly go to a letter and continue infinite scrolling...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  • cstorey1 likes this

#9 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15568 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:38 AM

infinite scrolling is very welcomed but i feel its let down by it being disabled once the alpha picker has been used. if i got to M for example, i cannot then see anything beginning with L or earlier

I don’t use the beta server so I can’t confirm if this happens in the web app

Just to confirm, this is still the case in the latest beta.

You can jump to a letter, but you can't then scroll back up.

Perhaps each letter in the alpha picker should be a link to separate URLs within the page, so that you can jump to it, but also have the ability to scroll backwards.

• daedalus, SikSlayer and Spaceboy like this

#10 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1275 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:55 AM

and please stop customizing the scrollbars in FF

Edited by daedalus, 23 February 2020 - 10:50 AM.

• SikSlayer and mgworek like this

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

The alphabet picker has always been that way, and the reason is because we don't have the information about where in the list of titles each letter starts. With virtual scrolling, the whole list contents are not downloaded, only the items you see on screen. So yes it would definitely be better to have the alphabet picker scroll rather than filter, but that's a separate work item that needs to be figured out.

• SikSlayer likes this

#12 adamstewiegreen OFFLINE  

adamstewiegreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Local time: 06:16 PM

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

The alphabet picker has always been that way, and the reason is because we don't have the information about where in the list of titles each letter starts. With virtual scrolling, the whole list contents are not downloaded, only the items you see on screen. So yes it would definitely be better to have the alphabet picker scroll rather than filter, but that's a separate work item that needs to be figured out.

I just came here to ask about that.  Good to know!

#13 rechigo OFFLINE  

rechigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:39 PM

I noticed with the introduction of virtual scrolling (4.4.0.12), the multiselect feature bugs out when you select some items and start scrolling through your library to select more. The items that you previously selected will still display in the item selected count, but when you scroll up to the items that you previously selected, you'll notice that they don't appear to be selected, you also can't select any more items either. I noticed that this only visibly affects things, the multiselect actions still work fine and affect the items that you selected. I also noticed that the outline surrounding the items disappears after scrolling down and returning back to the original items you selected. I'm sure my explanation sucks as I can't think of a better way to explain it, so here is a video demonstrating this issue: https://i.memester.cf/u/l5h.mkv

#14 Happy2Play ONLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 17674 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:42 PM

:) On the To do list.

You'll notice this in nearly all vertical list screens now. No more paging buttons !  Do you have 10,000 movies? The scrolling will breeze through them now.

Please try it out and report your experience.

Important: This isn't going to happen for IE11. In fact, without getting into details, IE11 is kind of getting screwed here.

Still To Do

• Fix multi-select as it needs to be re-worked following this
  • Support this in the Live TV guide
  • Support this with horizontal lists
  • Support in a few other vertical lists - there's only a few missing, such as the now playing queue, add to collections/playlists, the identify dialog, etc.
https://emby.media/c...tual-scrolling/

#15 rechigo OFFLINE  

rechigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:19 PM

:) On the To do list.

oops... my bad

#16 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:50 AM

You can check out the updates for multi-select on the online web app. It will work with virtual scrolling now.

#17 Happy2Play ONLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 17674 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:00 AM

You can check out the updates for multi-select on the online web app. It will work with virtual scrolling now.

A quick test of "Emby Web 4.3.1.33" multi-select is working.

• Luke likes this

#18 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 3245 posts
  • Local time: 12:16 AM
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

Like this feature...    Does well with lots of items too... I'm a little surprised about that.  It can be a little slow in large collections. Does well on a library with 13k items,  struggles a little on a library with 142k items...  Still playing around...     But overall I like it!  good work!    I think it will speed up on my system once people view it a few times and the images get cached... 

5e404292b6622_Screenshotfrom202002091132

Edited by pir8radio, 09 February 2020 - 01:47 PM.

• Dibbes likes this

#19 fizzyade OFFLINE  

fizzyade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Finally!  You have no idea how much I detest the current implementation.

#20 Dibbes OFFLINE  

Dibbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1042 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:49 AM

Like this feature...    Does well with lots of items too... I'm a little surprised about that.  It can be a little slow in large collections. Does well on a library with 13k items,  struggles a little on a library with 142k items...  Still playing around...     But overall I like it!  good work!    I think it will speed up on my system once people view it a few times and the images get cached... 

Slowness is not the only issue... I just tried it with a 100k+ library as well and it has various issues.

• when using the scroll bar to go, let's say, mid-library, it takes more than 5min to load the titles, longer to load those covers
  • some covers are not loaded at all, just giving a grey-ish square (dark theme). The album has 
  • the letter selection on the side does not display properly. Something is confusing it... (with 100k+ items, I'm fairly sure all letters are represented at the very least once) See image
  • 5e4150c9342c5_Untitled.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users