Emby Connect no funciona para mi - Synology

Jalisciense

Jalisciense

Hi everyone,

I am new to the subject and at the moment Emby Connect does not work for me, locally I have no problems, it is worth mentioning that administering the server remotely is not of my interest, I just want my girlfriend to connect and see the content from her House.

I have a Huawei HG8245H modem from my Totalplay internet provider in Mexico to which I entered and went to the Port Forwarding section and opened port 8096 with the TCP protocol choosing the IP of my Linksys WRT32X router as internal Host, hence I went to the settings From my router and in Port Forwarding I chose the IP of my Synology NAS and also port 8096 with the TCP protocol.

I validate my public IP for remote access (WAN) and it is the same that appears in the Emby Control Panel, when trying to connect from another network, the page is loading and as the minute indicates that you can not set the connection, I also tried from the Android application on my cell phone using mobile data, I login with the Emby Connect user but I also see Connection Failure.

In the Network configurations in Emby I have enabled “Allow remote connections to this Emby Server” and “Enable automatic port mapping." The user who creates for my girlfriend in Emby has his Emby Connect account added.

Do I need to perform any additional configuration on the Synology Modem, Router or NAS?

I enclose captures with the details of the configurations that I mention, I remain attentive to your comments, best regards. @@Dibbes

post-427448-0-90880400-1580932064_thumb.jpg

post-427448-0-94920400-1580932070_thumb.jpg

post-427448-0-38826500-1580932076_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Dibbes

@@Jalisciense so, just to com¡nfirm, you're forwarding from your modem to your router and from your router to your Synology box? The Linksys WRT32X has an option ""Killer Enabled Devices" on Prioritization page. Can you disable that, please?

Also, double-nat has always been an issue for webservers. You might want to look into setting up the Linksys in Bridge mode

• 10 months later...

@Jalisciense Hola, habla al soporte de Totalplay, el problema es que ellos no tienen soporte para que se conecten desde "internet" a tu red interna.   Tienen cerrado todos los puertos para que desde afuera, se conecten hacia dentro de tu red.  Es una muy buena medida de seguridad (cero hacks por ese lado) pero nos tienen truncados servicios de este tipo.

Si logras establecer dicha comunicación negociando con Totalplay, te agradecere lo compartas para que todos los demas podamos hacerlo.

Saludos.

• 2 months later...
Jalisciense
On 1/5/2021 at 3:23 PM, Oskat said:

@Jalisciense Hola, habla al soporte de Totalplay, el problema es que ellos no tienen soporte para que se conecten desde "internet" a tu red interna.   Tienen cerrado todos los puertos para que desde afuera, se conecten hacia dentro de tu red.  Es una muy buena medida de seguridad (cero hacks por ese lado) pero nos tienen truncados servicios de este tipo.

Si logras establecer dicha comunicación negociando con Totalplay, te agradecere lo compartas para que todos los demas podamos hacerlo.

Saludos.

Hola Oskat gracias por tomarte el tiempo de escribir,

Si intente llamando a Totalplay, desafortunadamente la IP que ofrecen esta nateada, por lo cual no hay forma de hacer funcionar Emby Connect de la forma normal, la unica alternativa es cambiar de proveedor como Telmex que al menos te ofrecen una IP Dinamica en la contratacion basica.

Saludos