How to Start Camera Upload?

VirgilFox

VirgilFox

I have the camera upload settings configured in the app, and there are plenty of photos and videos to upload on my phone. When does the upload process begin? Or, how does one force the upload process to start? I'm using version 3.0.97 of the Android App on a OnePlus 6t phone. My Emby 4.3.1.0 server is configured with a folder for the uploaded photos and videos.

Try to re-enter the camera upload settings to force it to start.

At least for me that works.

Edited by neik

VirgilFox

HI, just take a picture and then the app's periodic background process will catch it.

So previously taken pictures will not be synced/uploaded to the Emby server?

maegibbons

Yes. Every picture in your camera roll should be synced.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
Diedrich
On 2/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, Luke said:

HI, just take a picture and then the app's periodic background process will catch it.

Does this apply to iOS as well?

• 2 years later...
danergo

Hi!

I prefer not creating new topics for the same question/issue, please let me know if that suits better for EmbyForums' usecases.

I noticed that my "Camera Upload" just doesn't starts by itself (Android 13, Samsung OneUI5): last day I tried finding some recent images in Emby, and couldn't, so I went into Camera Upload, and it started syncing 500 items for the past 1 month. I let it run and finish.

Today I took another images with the phone which I needed in Emby, and I again had to open the "Camera Upload" screen to force the upload of today's 10 new images.

Do I need to do something special with this app to upload automatically? Upload is enabled (only on Wifi). Maybe I have to unrestrict Emby from battery optimization?

Thank you!