windows phone release

SilentAssassin

abstract

Scott, as I said elsewhere - absolutely stunning app - thank you!!!

Is this a better home for the (potential) issues - will look into your github mentions (are you keeping a separate bug/suggestion list etc.)?

WP App Remote Client - after a phone reset (WP users - yes, a reset - sorry it's been a long time!) the remote controls (play, pause,skip, volume, etc.) are now visible/accessible - excellent news!

Feature request stands - would it be possible to add a toggle to lock-in remote mode - i.e. selecting media to play automatically plays on the remote client rather than streaming to the (WP) app. Very useful to allow the WP App to serve as a companion app.

Possible bug? No seek/length - unable to seek/fast forward through any movie/video I have tried so far (on the WP app) - it also does not display a total length for the video. Is this me or the plugins on my media server, or is this a known bug in the WP app? Tried with a range of WTV, AVI, MKV and MPG video files.

(An Ultimate Wishlist Request...)

'Multi-cast' - *to set the scene* - you're watching 'the big movie' with your wife/significant other, but one of you [is a smoker/needs the toilet/has to cook/insert any other inconvenience here] - hit the appropriate button from your WP app (/iOS/Android/other client/WebUI) and the same programme/movie streams to that device in sync (/close to) - allowing you/your significant other to take the portable device with you and not miss out on the action.

Anyway, again - absolutely brilliant! An excellent app regardless of the above!

EDIT: Sorry - regarding your question over sensitive swiping... this has not been an issue for me - so far I am finding the UI incredibly quick and smooth. Personally, I found the WP interface (OS-wide) sensitive at first (Lumia 920 - out of the box, with high sensitivity on display+touch), but since lowered the sensitivity and also think I am just used to the new interface.

Edited by abstract

• 2 weeks later...
techywarrior

Still have the issue where tombstoning the app causes the video to no longer be playable on resume... and since there is no fast forward yet it makes the app difficult to use if there is even a chance you are going to be interrupted.

ScottIsAFool

I'm adding that in tonight :) It will talk to the server more regularly so that you can at least resume from a more sensible position.

ScottIsAFool

Scott ApiClient will use the web socket when available so there's a lot less overhead than http request s

Ok, I still probably won't do it too regularly (maybe every minute or so)

Logos302

Having an issue with 8.0.0.41 hitting the play button doesn't do anything.  Works in Music Collection, but not on TV or Movies.  Tried to raise the issue from the app but I get a 404 error. I have a Samsung ATIV S. I also tried to send in the logs but the button doesn't seem to work.     

ScottIsAFool

When you tried to raise the issue, github gave you a 404? Have you tried restarting the phone?

Logos302

When you tried to raise the issue, github gave you a 404? Have you tried restarting the phone?

I have not tried restarting the phone.  I'll try that and get back to you.

* Edit : Reboot of the phone fixed the 404 errors, so I have created a GitHub issue ticket, and sent in the logs.   Only think I forgot was the version number 8.0.0.41 for both the beta and the release. 

Edited by Logos302

ScottIsAFool

the beta now allows me to play.. yeah.  

Cool, I'll pushing this update to the main app in a few hours.

Starkadius

Hey Scott I have been meaning to mention this since I believe it was October 30th when the 3.0.5049.22196 server update was released which added missing/unaired items? I noticed that when this particular version and forward there has major slowdown in loading the app when it gets to "Getting recent Items" right after it loads the collections. It stays there for about 5-10 seconds before items start showing up. Before this update it was somewhere between 3-5 seconds. At the time what I did was I compared the public MB WP8 store app(purchased) which had not been updated to include the new unaired/missing disabling options versus the beta that was updated to meet the new specifications of the server update and found that the store app performed fast.

Since I no longer have access to those versions I can no longer attest to this observation. This is speculation on my part but it seems that when it is buffering the items from the collection it includes the missing/unaired and then it filters them out even though in the settings for MBWP8 app I have "show missing/unaired" unchecked so this causes a further delay? In any case this is not a big deal but just wanted to let you know in case you haven't noticed a performance hit. Maybe it is only occurring on my end.

ScottIsAFool

You could be right on that. Will check it out, thanks. Have you raised this on github at all?

• 2 weeks later...
trooper11

I'm sure your already aware of this, but for anyone else wondering.

MS has updated their developer tools for WP to allow any future beta releases to no longer expire, so you wont have to keep reissuing beta version after the 90 day expiration date.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2013/12/05/beta-apps-no-longer-expire-plus-an-update-for-the-dev-center-app.aspx

ScottIsAFool

Yeah, saw that too. It's only for new betas. So the current MB3 beta will still expire and I'll need to create a new one when it does, but *that* one won't expire :)

Scott,

Is there any plans for making video playback possible for WP7.8 in the future?

Loved your app, but not being able to play videos is killing me:)

bobafett_h

Had an intermittent problem with music playback last night where the pause button became greyed out. Sometimes the pause button would work, other times not. Due to the lack of a stop button on the now playing screen, I ended up having to clear the playlist and wait for the last song to finish playing. I'm running the latest version (.43 I think) on a Nokia Lumia 820.

Edited by bobafett_h

ScottIsAFool

That's very odd behaviour indeed. I'll add a stop button into the now playing page.

• Like 1

bobafett_h

I have played around with it again tonight and found that it was when I would tap on Clear now playing that the pause button would be greyed out. So it wasn't actually an intermittent problem, but it did mean there was no way to stop the music which was already playing. Stop button would be great!

Another thing I just noticed is that on the Collections page, it shows the number of Unwatched items under each collection. This would probably make more sense to say Unplayed rather than Unwatched seeing as it applies to music as well as videos.