windows phone release

SilentAssassin

LeftForPlex

Are you going into your own TV collection, or is this the TV View?

The TV View shows my shows.

I can click on a show, I see the green dots go across the screen, but it never plays.  

Going to my TV Series collection, shows only Spartacus with no CoverArt.

Going to my Movies collection shows nothing under recent, or random items.

I see Checking Collection in the top left corner for some time.   

Under my movie collection, random items, if I select show all, it tries to show movies, getting collection, and then fails with error getting data, then says re-grouping.

It also seems like everything I go into a collection it has to get a list of movies again?

What logs do you need?

Thanks!

ScottIsAFool

The TV View shows my shows.

I can click on a show, I see the green dots go across the screen, but it never plays.  

Going to my TV Series collection, shows only Spartacus with no CoverArt.

Going to my Movies collection shows nothing under recent, or random items.

I see Checking Collection in the top left corner for some time.   

Under my movie collection, random items, if I select show all, it tries to show movies, getting collection, and then fails with error getting data, then says re-grouping.

It also seems like everything I go into a collection it has to get a list of movies again?

What logs do you need?

Thanks!

When it gives you that error, go back to the main page, then go to about (from the app bar) > log files > email logs.

JRmacgyver

Can you try again, if you get the same thing, email the app logs and the server logs and the ffmpeg logs to me please.

Hi Scott.

I tried to stream MKV fiels again, now some work and some don't but not more then 7 min, have no idea why???

I've sent you the app & server log.

how to I get the "ffmpeg logs" ?

ScottIsAFool

The ffmpeg logs should have been where the server logs were (assuming you were looking on the computer and not through the dashboard).

Beta Version 0.0.8.36

Initial access goes through with no issues, cannot access app again after that, getting stuck on "Loading Settings."

Beta Version 0.0.8.36

Initial access goes through with no issues, cannot access app again after that, getting stuck on "Loading Settings."

Try the latest version from the store.

ScottIsAFool

Being part of the beta I hadn't even noticed this was on sale now! Purchased!

you need to read your emails more carefully then ;)

• Like 1

Steven

Ha! Yes I should.  :ph34r:

You shoulda put - BUY THIS NOW STEVEN in it... :)

Edited by Steven

Starkadius

I have a question for you guys who have used the app, does the app seem too sensitive when navigating around it? I don't know if it is just my phone (Nokia Lumia 920) but I find myself constantly being sent to the wrong items because as i swipe from left/right or down/up somehow one of the items gets pressed that I didn't intend on going to. Recently when the app launched in the store I had my brother try it out on his Lumia 1020 and one of the first things he noticed was how sensitive it was. Maybe its just the Lumia "super sensitive" touch displays but not all apps I have are this sensitive.

Scott I didnt want to issue this on the github because I figured maybe its just my phone or my own subjective impression which in that case I will just have to suck it up. Just want to know if this is normal?

Edited by Starkadius

ScottIsAFool

I think I know what you're talking about, and I suspect it's not just you. I'll have a ponder over this.

Steven

Yeah I have thought this but assumed it was just me being clumsy. I do feel like I have to be a little careful when navigating.

• 2 weeks later...
JRmacgyver

hi guys.
haven't experienced that issue you are reporting with scrolling :(
have been using the app a lot and the only issue I currently see is that the episodes aren't in the correct order :(
all my TV are in the order of: tv show name -> season X -> Episode 01 - Episode name

whenever I get into a certain season on the phone, episode list is never in the right order

Hope this could be corrected soon

ScottIsAFool

hi guys.

haven't experienced that issue you are reporting with scrolling :(

have been using the app a lot and the only issue I currently see is that the episodes aren't in the correct order :(

all my TV are in the order of: tv show name -> season X -> Episode 01 - Episode name

whenever I get into a certain season on the phone, episode list is never in the right order

Hope this could be corrected soon

odd. Does it show correctly on the web interface? What TV show is it?

Steven

Hey Scott. I'm still unable to use the remote as it's only pausing a movie and not able to play it again. I did raise this on github once but it's no longer there..

Playing music still doesn't work on anything other than the first track either.

Transcoding is still not working as well. :)

Apart from that, it's great. ;) 

ScottIsAFool

Hey Scott. I'm still unable to use the remote as it's only pausing a movie and not able to play it again.

When you pause, does the UI update on the remote? ie, does it show the play button?

ScottIsAFool

Also just noticed that the web client is unable to detect that the app is playing any music.

Yeah, I don't let it know when music is playing. If you want it to, can you raise a request on github please.

Steven

When you pause, does the UI update on the remote? ie, does it show the play button?

No

Yeah, I don't let it know when music is playing. If you want it to, can you raise a request on github please.

Ok, will do.

ScottIsAFool

No

Ok, that means the app isn't receiving the changed info from the server. What are you trying to remote control?

I installed the latest update from Microsoft (GDR3) but the problem with playback of music continues. When do you plan to have a new release with the workaround you mentioned here in the store?

Edited by careca