windows phone release

SilentAssassin

Tharnax

I do not have an IOS or Android to test this issue on, MrWebsmith... you are more then welcomed to test it if you can, I'll be sleeping by then but the server will sure enough be up and running

If you want to test Android now, I'm happy to do a quick test for you and immediately remove your IP/address info after.  Just PM me the info, I'll through it on my Galaxy S3 and see if I get the user screen.  If so, at least we know it's another mobile device which works or not.

Shiny! Just purchased it from the store. Been waiting for this this to be released. Great job, looks awesome and everything I've tried so far works.

Redshirt

My bad never mind.. Helps  to read page 2 first.

Edited by Redshirt

Tharnax

Well, worst case now, you've highlighted a very important first step in trouble shooting future individuals with a similar issue.  Glad you got it resolve, it's great when an frustrating issue is solved with an easy fix.  

ScottIsAFool

I'll add some better handling for this, not sure why  that port makes a difference, will investigate why.

JRmacgyver

scott... I geuss you can just add a line in the setting page that says that we need to make sure that port 8945 must be forwarded in the router, I think that should help things...

also, I have noticed that the MB app doesn't mark my shows as seen/unseen, is there a spesific reason for that? do you plan on adding this feature?

ScottIsAFool

scott... I geuss you can just add a line in the setting page that says that we need to make sure that port 8945 must be forwarded in the router, I think that should help things...

also, I have noticed that the MB app doesn't mark my shows as seen/unseen, is there a spesific reason for that? do you plan on adding this feature?

Need to check why that port needs to be open first, but if it does, then yeah, something will be added. 

Marking stuff as seen/unseen, is this when watching it? Or you want to be able to manually set it? If the latter, then yeah, it's planned https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.WindowsPhone/issues/55

JRmacgyver

Hi Scott.

Before you published the app I have gone through all my media collection and mark everything I've already seen an "seen"

So I would love if the same marking would show up when I use the app (and I wouldn't need to go through my entire collection again and marking it manually)

Also, I have several users created on my server (friends & family), some of them also use WP8.

I think it would be nice if they see things that they have already played as "seen"

Thanks

ScottIsAFool

So displaying whether something is seen/unseen will be coming in a future update. I get the data from the server, I just don't display it anywhere just yet. That link I gave you is the enhancement for it, so if you wanted to follow it, you'd know when there are updates to it.

Edited by ScottIsAFool

Used the app for the 1st time today while driving to work. Noticed a problem: after playing 2 or 3 musics of a selected album, the app got stuck into the same song. Even when I tried to click on next music, the app behavior was to return to the beginning of the same song. 

techywarrior

Scott, noticed a couple more problems. I think one is mentioned already and I'll add them to Github if not already there.

My TV collection is empty (both recent, random, and if you click view all). The other collections are fine and the TV view is fine. TV collection even says that there are 177 unwatched items in it on the collections list but when you click on it nothing displays.

Second item is that the collections list isn't displaying the collection image correctly. It appears that you are requesting the "primary" image (as I have one collection with only a primary and it works). On the web client and MBC there is a hierarchy that it follows. My other collections have multiple "backdrops" and MBC and the web client use them if no primary is found. The reason I have backdrops is so that they change in MBC. I'm not sure if I should post this as a bug or if I should add a primary to the other collections.

techywarrior

Added the collection image issue to Github and provided screenshots that illustrate the issue. Let me know if you want any more detail.

Yes, this is a known issue (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.WindowsPhone/issues/48) and unfortunately I believe an OS issue. I have an idea for a workaround which I will be implementing soon.'

Thanks for the link. I was using Sky Player before to stream songs from my skydrive account and never saw this problem before. Just FYI - maybe those guys have a way to bypass this bug.

ScottIsAFool

Thanks for the link. I was using Sky Player before to stream songs from my skydrive account and never saw this problem before. Just FYI - maybe those guys have a way to bypass this bug.

I know Nokia Music has the same problem who I'm chatting to to try and resolve this (so that I can use Nokia Music ok!).

JRmacgyver

Hello guys.

I have noticed another issue today...

Streaming MKV files to the phone (using both internal and external network) only plays the movie for about 5 minutes tops.

Regular AVI/MP4 files play fine

Using IE or Chrome on a pc (again external & internal network) plays these kind of files with no issues.
Any ideas?

ScottIsAFool

Can you try again, if you get the same thing, email the app logs and the server logs and the ffmpeg logs to me please.

LeftForPlex

Anything special I have to do on the server to get this working?

Lumia 1020

I see my profiles, when I log in and can select it.

I can see my collections as well.

However once I select my collection I can not see any movies.  

For TV Series it only shows Spartacus, when it should show 8 different series.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

ScottIsAFool

Anything special I have to do on the server to get this working?

Lumia 1020

I see my profiles, when I log in and can select it.

I can see my collections as well.

However once I select my collection I can not see any movies.  

For TV Series it only shows Spartacus, when it should show 8 different series.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Are you going into your own TV collection, or is this the TV View?

I buy this app when i saw tweet. Thanks for realease.
Very beatiful design, easy usage etc. All my library is here, music play fine. Perfect.

But... video playback never success. Video player try 2-3s sec then "The video failed to play. Retry".
It's MKV video. i'm at home with local wifi.

Thanks.

ScottIsAFool

I buy this app when i saw tweet. Thanks for realease.

Very beatiful design, easy usage etc. All my library is here, music play fine. Perfect.

But... video playback never success. Video player try 2-3s sec then "The video failed to play. Retry".

It's MKV video. i'm at home with local wifi.

Thanks.

Can you email me the app logs, the server logs, and the ffmpeg logs from when you tried it. If need be, try playing a video again to get some fresh logs.