Erratic Skip Functionality

mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

Okay, so I have the latest problem recording converting containers from ts to mkv, although it is running really slow probably because my NAS doesn't have much power.  I have also installed Emby Server on one of my Windows Machines and am currently recording a 2 1/2 hour show, which I'll attempt to watch in the LG Emby App once it completes.  I will come back later this evening or in the morning to advise on the results of both.

mark-in-dallas

So, the issue seems to be resolved and I have mostly good news.

The problem recording took several hours to convert from mpegts to mkv, but I'm sure that's just because of the lackluster performance of the WD DL2100, and after completing the conversion the skip functionality worked just fine on the LG Emby App.

I also installed Emby Server on one of my Windows machines and made a couple of recordings, and again the skip function worked fine when playing in the LG Emby App.  I recorded to a hard drive on the Windows box, as well as to one on the NAS, and had no issues with either.  I was having the worst problems with long recordings and have a 3 hour long movie recording now, but I'm thinking that there won't be any issues with that either, and if there are I will post again to report.

The only bad news is for me and that's because it appears that the WD DL2100 NAS doesn't have enough horsepower to fully run the DVR functionality.  It's a little odd that recordings made on the NAS work fine in Emby Theater on Windows and on an Android Phone, but not in the LG Emby App.  But I'm also sure that a lot more development effort has been put into Windows and Android, than was put into the WD NAS, which only makes sense.

Thanks for all help!  

Edited by mark-in-dallas

unisoft

Skip doesn't work in MPEG2 content either in the LG app, just restarts the video if you try. I'm pretty sure it used to work like 5 versions ago.

DVD content generally mpeg2 as source, HD gen mpeg4/H264 here. MP4 content does skip for me.

Edited by unisoft

mark-in-dallas

Okay so this is a little odd.  The 3 hour movie finished recording and the skip function did work fine.  But, when I open the video in a Client connected to the Windows Emby Server it shows as 3 hours long and 7145MB, but opening the video in the same Client but connected to the WD DL2100 NAS only shows the video to be 56 minutes long and 2257MB.  Both servers are accessing the same file, but reporting different info.  Any thoughts on why this could be?

I have attached screenshots of the videos media info from both Clients, as well as a screen capture video showing the results.

post-435941-0-65056100-1583519461_thumb.png     post-435941-0-85210600-1583519473_thumb.png

Edited by mark-in-dallas

SamES

In the one that is incorrect, please try to the option to 'Refresh all Metadata', then refresh the page

mark-in-dallas

In the one that is incorrect, please try to the option to 'Refresh all Metadata', then refresh the page

That did it!  Thanks.

mark-in-dallas

Yes.  The fix seems to have been in running Emby Server on something more powerful than the WD DL2100 NAS, because after installing Emby Server on one of my Windows machines and making several recordings the skip functionality is now working fine in the LG Emby Client.  Apparently something with the DL2100 created issues in the recordings that only surfaced when trying to watch in the LG Emby App.   

maegibbons

That all seems a bit odd!

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

How would/could the client have different Media Info then the server?

mark-in-dallas

How would/could the client have different Media Info then the server?

I was accessing 2 different Emby Servers from the same Client:  A Windows machine with Emby server that the video was recorded from, and a NAS that also had Emby server installed and was accessing the same folders.  And, it just clicked for me but I believe that the reason for the different media info was probably due to the NAS Emby doing a library update while the recording was still in progress.

Edited by mark-in-dallas