Does XBMB3C require a clean installation of XBMC?

somy

You use the MB3 web client (or Android client etc) as remote control instead.  XBMC is just use as a skinning and playback engine basically.

xnappo

OK, thanks!

Will try again tonight and report back.

Yeah Eminence does this, I'll do Xperience1080++ and Aeon MQ5 when i get some spare time.

On the subject of Live TV, is somy not referring to the standard xbmc version rather than through the addon? I cannot think someone would want to use Live TV through MB3 when XBMC does it already with far more backends

I really like Xperience1080++ skin, but where can I enable XBMB3C mode? I tried to look into the Skin settings but couldn't find the option......

elcabong

on the home screen, if you hover over the "home" menu item, then press up you should be presented with a few options, one should be "Go xbmb3c".. 

Eminence will also work out the box without needing to set the "MB3 Mode". However for those skins that do..it is simply a matter of setting this in the skin settings.

If you installed the repo link given above please remove that and use the version found here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7194-xbmb3c-gotham-repo/

Hi, I tried the latest Eminence skin, I now can access Live TV.

However, only Movie section seems to work. TV series, photos and music don't show any item in library.......

on the home screen, if you hover over the "home" menu item, then press up you should be presented with a few options, one should be "Go xbmb3c".. 

That works great! Thanks! It is just a bit hard to find :)

CWNashvegas

I'm glad you asked because I didn't know that you could get to it from Home. :) It's also in Skin Settings, too, all the way down just below LiveTV, but this way is certainly much faster!

You use the MB3 web client (or Android client etc) as remote control instead.  XBMC is just use as a skinning and playback engine basically.

xnappo

Hi, I tried the iPhone client but it doesn't detect XBMB3C is running. It's able to find the browser player......

How do you retain access to xbmc live tv with the latest confluence mod?

I haven't managed to do so, and it seems to me that the TV series, Music and Photo sections are missing, so I will for now skip this skin. Xperience1080++ seems to work best for me :)

I hope file stack support will be added soon!

elcabong

Hi, I tried the iPhone client but it doesn't detect XBMB3C is running. It's able to find the browser player......

in xbmc goto settings>services

you will need to turn on/allow control from web and other devices for xbmb3c (xbmc) to show up and be controlled from the network.

i think your looking for "allow control of xbmc via UPnP"

also "allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"  may also be useful.

Edited by elcabong

in xbmc goto settings>services

you will need to turn on/allow control from web and other devices for xbmb3c (xbmc) to show up and be controlled from the network.

i think your looking for "allow control of xbmc via UPnP"

also "allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"  may also be useful.

Thanks! It kinda of work now. I can gain control to the video that is currently being played, but I cannot make XBMC to play the video from iPhone.

im85288

I really like Xperience1080++ skin, but where can I enable XBMB3C mode? I tried to look into the Skin settings but couldn't find the option......

I'm glad you asked because I didn't know that you could get to it from Home. :) It's also in Skin Settings, too, all the way down just below LiveTV, but this way is certainly much faster!

Thanks for the feedback...I thought it was kind of easy to find but obviously not..I will upload a new version later on that defaults straight to XBMB3C mode as long as you install the skin from our repo.

CWNashvegas

Thanks for the feedback...I thought it was kind of easy to find but obviously not..I will upload a new version later on that defaults straight to XBMB3C mode as long as you install the skin from our repo.

Don't count me as a basis for a usability decision - I actually was using XBMC for 6 months before returning to MB, and I used Xperience1080 exclusively, and I quickly had it set up so that I really never used the upper menus. Therefore, sadly, it never occurred to me to look up there for anything interesting when using Xperience1080++. :D It's just my habit to "attach" whatever I need to one of the tiles. (Which reminds me, I need to find my old remote keymap, and set up my Netflix-in-WMC launch button. Didn't really expect to be wanting to "rebuild" my XBMC install, but I'm having fun with XBMB3C! :) )

• Like 1

im85288

I just noticed there is no dedicated thread here for Xperience1080++. I'll make one now so that any issues/feature requests can be mentioned there. I am looking for someone who has the passion/ability to take over Xperience1080++ development as my main focus is now on the Eminence skin...so if anyone is interested please let me know.

• Like 1

im85288

Don't count me as a basis for a usability decision - I actually was using XBMC for 6 months before returning to MB, and I used Xperience1080 exclusively, and I quickly had it set up so that I really never used the upper menus. Therefore, sadly, it never occurred to me to look up there for anything interesting when using Xperience1080++. :D It's just my habit to "attach" whatever I need to one of the tiles. (Which reminds me, I need to find my old remote keymap, and set up my Netflix-in-WMC launch button. Didn't really expect to be wanting to "rebuild" my XBMC install, but I'm having fun with XBMB3C! :) )

Yeah I'm really satisfied with how the XBMB3C addon has got rid of needing a local xbmc library, almost every feature you need is now in there :) In fact I cannot think of anything else we need to add?? If you have any FR/Suggestions for additions just let us know :)

• Like 1

Yeah I'm really satisfied with how the XBMB3C addon has got rid of needing a local xbmc library, almost every feature you need is now in there :) In fact I cannot think of anything else we need to add?? If you have any FR/Suggestions for additions just let us know :)

Hi, it seems that Photos and Music sections don't work for me. It could have something to do with the index of tiles as sometimes I can go into music and view albums, sometime it just shows black screen. Photos never works for me though..

im85288

Can you post anything specifically about xperience1080++ in the appropriate theme thread? This way it keeps the information about each skin(s) features separate.  Music used to work, though I always preferred using the local xbmc music library so there is an option for that somewhere and photos has not been implemented. 

Angelblue05

When I use the option in the context menu to "Play All from Here", it won't mark the episodes as watched.