Media control in Desktop app

LiaraAlis

LiaraAlis

Hi together,

currently I'm trying out Emby and have subscribed Emby Premiere and I'm consider to buy a lifetime license.

All in all I'm very excited, but I'm a little bit confused about the difference between the Emby Theater desktop app and the store app.

At the first time I have installed the store app and it seems to work well. But I figured out that I have audio issues on some movies if played via DirectStream. So I switched to the desktop app and I don't have these problems in the desktop app.

But I figured out, that in the desktop app, the Windows 10 media controls are not working. The currently played song is not visible and it is not possible to control media playback with the hardware keys on my keyboard. Please also see attached screenshots. This controls are only visible with the store app.

post-575561-0-50198300-1580715019_thumb.png

post-575561-0-91716000-1580715015_thumb.png

Is there a way to make it possible to use media controls in the desktop app?

Best regards,
Alexander

Hi, yes, you're right. We haven't implemented this for the desktop app. It's something we can look into. Thanks for the feedback.

LiaraAlis

Hi, yes, you're right. We haven't implemented this for the desktop app. It's something we can look into. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm looking forward for this feature. :)

daedalus

I'm looking forward for this feature. :)

don't expect it in any reasonable time frame, we are waiting for that for years cause the desktop app is nothing the devs have a priority on

Edited by daedalus

don't expect it in in any reasonable time frame, we are waiting for that for years cause the desktop app is nothing the devs have a priority on

I don't recall this ever coming up with the desktop app before.

daedalus

really a strange request, a media player that is using the media functions of the OS

this should have been in the designing process

really a strange request, a media player that is using the media functions of the OS

this should have been in the designing process

This feature became available in the OS after the app was already built.

LiaraAlis

I think this is an really important feature. Especially the possibility to control the media playback with the media keys on the keyboard. And it is quite incomprehensible why the store app has this feature and the desktop app not.

So I hope that this feature is implemented in the near future. :)