Embycon Beta: Kodi v19 can't clone default skin

blublub

blublub

Hi

Yesterday I tried Embycon in Kodi v19.

The FAQ states that there is an option to clone the default skin - however I couldn't find that option.

Am I blind or is it not available in the Bbeta 1.10.x version?

TeamB

The Beta version of the add-on for Kodi 19 does not have that feature yet, the Kodi 19 beta add-n version is a port of the add-on from a few months ago before that feature was added to the current release version of the add-on.

I will need to do some work to bring the current Kodi 19 EmbyCon beta addon in line with the current stable version. There is no eta on this yet but I probably should do it soon as the nighty builds of Kodi 19 are now Python3 so now more people are going to need the new version.

blublub

OK, thx. That explains it and I don't need to look any longer [emoji16].

I'll wait until it becomes available as it doesn't make sense to work with favorits, it's cumbersome.

Thx for your feedback

TeamB

The latest Kodi 19 (Python3) version of EmbyCon is now available, it is rebased on the stable code base.

EmbyCon - 1.10.2

blublub

Yes the clone default skin option is available.

Hi

Yep works ok.

Is there a way get a LiveTV menu item?

TeamB

The skin cloner does not remove anything from the skin, it just added the Emby entries and hides the rest, you should be able to turn it back on in the skin settings.

blublub

The skin cloner does not remove anything from the skin, it just added the Emby entries and hides the rest, you should be able to turn it back on in the skin settings.

Hi, Ok. I will take a look when I get home

blublub

Hi

Ok I did get LiveTV back by enabling it in the settings - great.

What I however did notice is that when I use the EmbyCon clone there is no OSD when playing content - as soon as I go back to the default skin the OSD is back.

TeamB

The OSD is available, if you hit enter it will show.

I have hidden it now on pause and skip actions.

Also Kodi nightly builds are very unstable at the moment, I am seeing lots of lock ups and crashes.

blublub

Can I enable it on play, pause?

I know. But the version I currently have seems OK so far and it does HDR. That's why I want to give it a try

Edited by blublub

• 3 weeks later...
blublub

The OSD is available, if you hit enter it will show.

I have hidden it now on pause and skip actions.

Also Kodi nightly builds are very unstable at the moment, I am seeing lots of lock ups and crashes.

HI TeamB

Which files do I need to change in order to show the OSD during pause or if I hint "info"?

thx