Emby Installationsproblem auf Samsung 2011 D-Series

DarkVather

DarkVather

Good evening everyone,

I just wanted the Emby Client on my Samsung TV from the D series using the instructions here ( https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-orsay-smarttv-2011-2014-community- install app-install-instructions /? p = 277348 ) but unfortunately the two server IPs ( 110.150.77.83 or  80.32.109.216 ) cannot be reached. As a result, unfortunately no download is possible. Can you check here if you could provide another download server?

Thank you very much in advance and everyone another wonderful Sunday evening.

greetings

DV

@@FrostByte

FrostByte

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, those two IP addresses belong to community members so I'll PM them and ask if they're still wanting to host the file.

If you want to you can load IIS or some other web process and host it on your server where only you can access it.  Then it will always be available to you if you ever need to reload, etc.

• Like 1

DarkVather

If you want to you can load IIS or some other web process and host it on your server where only you can access it.  Then it will always be available to you if you ever need to reload, etc.

Who can I get the File to host it on my own Server?

Is there a manual for this?

Thanks FrostByte

FrostByte

Basically you need a xml and the zip.  The zip file can be downloaded from GitHub

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/tree/1.x_Release

The instructions in the link below tell how to create the xml and the location it needs to be

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-orsay-smarttv-2011-2014-community-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=758717

Once it's set up just replace the IP in the other instructions with the IP of your web server

• Like 1

DarkVather

Thanks FrostByte.

I try and report here. :)

The METHOD 2 from Spooky on the SamyGo doesn´t work. The TV tells me Downloading... Installing... Emby Service successfully installed. But on my TV there is no Emby App. :(

• Like 1

DarkVather

Hi FrostByte,

I set up my own webserver based on the instructions and tested it.
Unfortunately without success. The TV download the zip and also installs Emby, then brings the message successfully installed but I don't have an Emby app on the TV. Resetting the SMART Hub and restarting the TV was unsuccessful.

What else could I do to bring the app to the TV?

FrostByte

Odd, it should be there once it says it installed successfully.  Normally from there I would just create a shortcut from the installed apps.

Just as a test, could you try installing it from IP, but use the IP 173.230.139.54

It's a later version made for 2012+ TVs, but may still work.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

DarkVather

Hi FrostByte,

unfortunately i have no good news.

I tried the installation with your IP...

The TV downloads the app and installs it too.

In the end the TV says that everything was installed successfully but I don't have an App Icon on the TV. :-(

FrostByte

It's possible the app isn't compatible with your TV.  After you see the message that the installation is complete it should create an icon to start the app.

The only other post I see for your model TV is below if you want to read.  That person could not start the app after installation

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/11211-d-series-mb-not-starting/?hl=d6200

• 2 months later...
FrostByte

The zip has never been hosted by Emby.  It's a community app which has always been hosted by someone in the community until lately.  Maybe we can help with your web server because if it doesn't install from your local IP then it won't install from another IP.

nonjtjt

Yea I known that.

So I've try host that zip myself but on TV tell me that have problem on connection to server although I can access my server ip from another computer.

FrostByte

Is this a Windows PC?

Click Windows Start
Type "Control Panel" then click on it
Click "Programs and Features"
Click "Turn Windows features on and off "
Check "Internet Information Services"  keep default settings
Click OK

Then copy the files to the correct places
Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ok, you will need the web service also.  Not sure why yours aren't checked, but I've included a pic of what was checked by defaul on my system as compared to yours behind it

5eada7d015fd1_iis.jpg

FrostByte

Bah, well at least the IIS worked.  Just didn't install.  Maybe @@SamES or one of the other devs has an idea.  Unfortunately the guys who made the app are gone.

Does your TV have a USB port?  You could try sideloading it.

- Extract the contents of the zip on a subfolder of your USB key (like "x:\emby")

- Plug the key into your TV

- The app should appear in the app list.

Edited by FrostByte

nonjtjt

After insert USB flashdrive. My TV not show any response, no pop up like it isn't there.

And after recycle power still the same

Note: Flashdrive was formatted to FAT

5eadb0ae4ef20_3.jpg

FrostByte

Try unzipping the files in the root of the usb to see if that helps.  Don't use the subfolder.

--

Another option, try the corrected zip in this thread, the one in the third post and put it on your IIS and then use the IP install instructions again

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81774-solved-error-500-huh-looks-like-i-have-no-content-to-show-you-in-this-view-im-afraid/?hl=orsay

nonjtjt

Unzip to both /Emby and /root seem to be the same.

Don't know why TV doesn't recognize USB drive.

-

BTW, IIS with Emby v 2.2.7 after install The Icon show but in app have major problem

It can connect to my server but aplication screen is really dark only side menu are bright.

And app work incorrectly not show poster.

5eae2e4ce1ce9_4.jpg5eae2e61eec89_5.jpg5eae2e73d4ce6_6.jpg5eae2eb55005b_7.jpg

nonjtjt

BTW I reseted the Samsung hub and try on 1.0.6 again seems to be work perfectly.

Question is does I have to keep those zip file on my server or not?

• Like 1