No more trailer button on FTV Stick 4 k

Postspeicher

Postspeicher

Since a few days I miss the trailer button  in Movie Details in the app.
I had no problem with this button,  using with youtube app from aptoide tv 

version  1.7.78a
Medusa_1 (4.3.1.0)

The trailer button is still visible  at Windows app , not on firetv app    - Why ? 

Trailer is one of the main reason  for changing from plex to emby .... 

Postspeicher

My problem is the trailer button is not here anymore - the button is missing 

I had already a working solution with the youtube app from aptoide --  but since a few days the button is not here anymore..

The problem is the only way it would work is if you side-load the Google version of the YouTube app as you did.  The button did not work with the YouTube app that is actually installed on the Fire.

Postspeicher

The problem is the only way it would work is if you side-load the Google version of the YouTube app as you did.  The button did not work with the YouTube app that is actually installed on the Fire.

Thats not the problem -  I know this solution.   After the last update the Button is not here anymore (see pictures) .

I have also a non updated 4k  stick  - and there was the button  / after restarting new version cames with no button 

5e371e1eda368_Before.jpg

5e371e59015be_new.jpg

I understand.  The trailer button should not have been there in the last version either because, on a normal Fire installation, it will not work.

Nick D_CA

Nooooooo, how can we get it back for those of us who wanted it? 

It was working for me and used it all the time. 

Edited by Nick D_CA

Postspeicher

yes please, please  bring it back -  i tried  emby for android on ftv stick , but  this is not really working  

• 1 month later...
b0ushard

Please @@ebr, bring this feature back!!

It's a pita to pull the trailer on youtube app.

Edited by b0ushard

Nick D_CA

My family is dying without this. Please at least make it an option we can enable.

Every movie night now: "That movie looks boring this dad, put on the trailer please. Sorry kids, they turned off this feature."

blade005

My family is dying without this. Please at least make it an option we can enable.

Every movie night now: "That movie looks boring this dad, put on the trailer please. Sorry kids, they turned off this feature."

I didn't even know this was a feature previously on FTV 4K, but understand how others would have found it useful. It is not in the Emby Roku app either. Thought it was only a Web UI and Emby Theater Windows offering. I also understand how it may not be a 'feature' that can be enabled by default with the current Fire TV support of YouTube.

I went into Emby on my FTV 4K stick and pulled up a movie. No trailer button. Held down the Voice button and asked it to play 'Movie Name' on YouTube and the correct trailer popped right up with first selection. Watched it and backed out of YouTube and returned to the Emby FTV 4K movie detail screen. Not seamless, but definitely something that can be used when 'put on the trailer' request is made. Just a thought / suggestion. 

• 3 months later...