OTA EPG Data disappered after MCE EPG died

embytoad

embytoad

Recent Premier Emby user in USA and Emby Guide (14 days of data) seemed to be working great until MCE (Win 8.1) EPG Guide data went away.

Now I can only get OTA EPG guide data (via NextPVR, i believe) for one day at most!

I don't have officially supported tuners so apparently I cannot map channels either? because I don't receive OTA EPG data in Emby for ZIP 46808 (Fort Wayne, IN)

I thought that Emby Premier included EPG guide data?

Sorry if I'm confused but I couldn't find my exact problem in the forums

Thanks!

post-568441-0-59664000-1580655548_thumb.jpg

post-568441-0-20604100-1580655558_thumb.jpg

post-568441-0-15057400-1580655569_thumb.jpg

post-568441-0-81888100-1580655734_thumb.jpg

embytoad

Hi, thanks for your reply. They are in Pic 4 above. One Hauppage and one Avermedia. Both working great in MCE and NextPVR and Emby. Just no guide data in Emby anymore except one day worth (which seems to populate via NextPVR scan?)

Yes if you use a plugin then that's where the guide data has to come from. Were you using the serverwmc plugin before?

embytoad

Yes. Installed: Server WMC, Emby for WMC, NextPVR plugin in Emby

How can I now use Emby EPG guide info?

Edited by embytoad

embytoad

Yes. Installed: Server WMC, Emby for WMC, NextPVR plugin in EmbyEmby Guide

How can I now use Emby EPG guide info?

Maybe I should rephrase the question:

If before I was (apparently) relying on ServerWMC to populate the Emby Guide listings, what is NOW the best way to only rely on Emby Guide listings for OTA Broadcast ATSC?

Sorry, but I can't find any info on how to migrate to only use Emby Guide if you were using various physical tuners with WMC.

I would love to know how I can enjoy the Emby Guide that is part of the Premiere service.

Thanks!

SHSPVR

Maybe I should rephrase the question:

If before I was (apparently) relying on ServerWMC to populate the Emby Guide listings, what is NOW the best way to only rely on Emby Guide listings for OTA Broadcast ATSC?

Sorry, but I can't find any info on how to migrate to only use Emby Guide if you were using various physical tuners with WMC.

I would love to know how I can enjoy the Emby Guide that is part of the Premiere service.

Thanks!

setup M3U tuner see this page

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69226-recording-episode-or-series-in-specific-nextpvr-folder/?hl=shspvr&do=findComment&comment=693731

and

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67677-nextpvr-and-the-future/?p=721356

If want edit my txt for your needs

OTA-Tuner.txt

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 2

Spaceboy

Well all the back ends support this. Personally I have used mediaportal but prefer dvbviewer now because it’s the only one that doesn’t delay the provision of the live tv stream

embytoad

@@SHSPVR Thanks for this! But, I am sorry to say that I still don't understand what I am supposed to do with this info  :blink: what does http://127.0.0.1:8866 even refer to?

A brief history of what happened and what I am trying to setup: I tried Emby with Windows MCE and it worked perfect. Hooray.

All I want is a reliable guide to record OTA ATSC content... so I paid for a lifetime Emby premiere account thinking that this would be possible after the MCE Guide died.

But, what I have learned is this:

Emby does not actually provide EPG data unless I have the two supported tuners. Correct?

Emby can't provide EPG data for OTA ATSC beyond the 24hr data that I can receive via NextPVR DVB/ATSC Scans. Correct?

So, I also need to pay for a reliable IPTV service to provide EPG data in Emby via M3U tuners/playlists. Correct?

I am sorry to be such a newb but I thought Emby was an easy solution to my existing setup. Little did I know that Emby was actually acting as a $100 shell for MCE/NPVR and it is worthless as a stand-alone EPG.

If anyone knows a way to guide me to be able to configure Emby to provide EPG data for my ATSC tuners please let me know. Maybe I have just missed a crucial step?

I have been searching this forum and reading for days but every "guide" assumes I have an IPTV service and that I know what the hell an m3u playlist is and where to get this mythical file.  :D

I do appreciate the help! Having an active forum like this gives me hope that Emby might actually be worth it in the long run.

SHSPVR

Thanks for this! But, I am sorry to say that I still don't understand what I am supposed to do with this info  :blink: what does http://127.0.0.1:8866 even refer to?

A brief history of what happened and what I am trying to setup: I tried Emby with Windows MCE and it worked perfect. Hooray.

All I want is a reliable guide to record OTA ATSC content... so I paid for a lifetime Emby premiere account thinking that this would be possible after the MCE Guide died.

But, what I have learned is this:

Emby does not actually provide EPG data unless I have the two supported tuners. Correct?

Emby can't provide EPG data for OTA ATSC beyond the 24hr data that I can receive via NextPVR DVB/ATSC Scans. Correct?

So, I also need to pay for a reliable IPTV service to provide EPG data in Emby via M3U tuners/playlists. Correct?

I am sorry to be such a newb but I thought Emby was an easy solution to my existing setup. Little did I know that Emby was actually acting as a $100 shell for MCE/NPVR and it is worthless as a stand-alone EPG.

If anyone knows a way to guide me to be able to configure Emby to provide EPG data for my ATSC tuners please let me know. Maybe I have just missed a crucial step?

I have been searching this forum and reading for days but every "guide" assumes I have an IPTV service and that I know what the hell an m3u playlist is and where to get this mythical file.  :D

I do appreciate the help! Having an active forum like this gives me hope that Emby might actually be worth it in the long run.

I think the MCE plugin was pass the EPG over to Emby 

127.x.x.x is local host ip on any give system you don't need to change it know as local loopback

You do need change channel number and Station ID to match your setup.

Only change are need are need in this in is area

2.1 KJRH-HD

channel=2.1&client=2.1

Once you have done all changes to txt file

The next is you need add the TV Sources select M3U tuner then browse to the file

Now you need to TV Guide Data Providers chose Emby Guide Data

That all have to do

Besure to Modify Steam Limit to match the number of tuner you have this by click on three dots and edit under TV Sources

Emby will give 7 days of displayable EPG

No "Emby was actually acting as a $100 shell for MCE/NPVR and it is worthless as a stand-alone EPG" It call Front end where NPVR used server backend and if own HDHomeRun you don't need NextPVR everything is build in how ever where NextPVR come in handy is at Analogue like I also used

Don't worry I'm sure in near future they will get better dircet OTA support so with need used any other software to accomplish the same task but need to say Hauppauge SDK wasn't it as it req WinTV software to make all work.

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1

embytoad

Yea using the Next Pvr m3u output feature would be the only way.

@@SHSPVR, thank you... I feel like i'm making progress. I have an xml and a m3u8 file that was exported from NPVR (see below)

I tried using the m3u8 file as the m3u tuner in Emby but the Emby EPG still only shows 24hr data after refreshes and reboots.

Can you guide me what exactly I should change in your OTA-Tuner.text file to coincide with my channels? If you could please just edit one of your lines with my data then I could do the rest.

Thanks!

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:0, 15.1 - WANE-HD

#EXTINF:0, 15.2 - ION

#EXTINF:0, 15.3 - LAFF

#EXTINF:0, 15.4 - Escape

#EXTINF:0, 21.1 - WPTAABC

#EXTINF:0, 21.2 - WPTANBC

#EXTINF:0, 21.3 - WPTAMY

#EXTINF:0, 33.1 - WISECW

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<Channels Type="ATSC">

-<Channel>

<Name>WANE-HD</Name>

<Number>15.1</Number>

<ServiceType>1</ServiceType>

-<tuning>

<type>ATSC</type>

-<locator>

<physical_channel>32</physical_channel>

</locator>

<service_id>3</service_id>

<tsid>1103</tsid>

<service_type>1</service_type>

<provider>ATSC</provider>

</tuning>

<EPGSource>DVB/ATSC EPG</EPGSource>

-<epg>

<source>DVB/ATSC EPG</source>

<capture_source>20</capture_source>

<readable_source>3:1103:0 WANE-HD</readable_source>

<mapping>3:1103:0</mapping>

</epg>

</Channel>

-<Channel>

<Name>ION</Name>

<Number>15.2</Number>

<ServiceType>1</ServiceType>

-<tuning>

<type>ATSC</type>

-<locator>

<physical_channel>32</physical_channel>

</locator>

<service_id>4</service_id>

<tsid>1103</tsid>

<service_type>1</service_type>

<provider>ATSC</provider>

</tuning>

<EPGSource>DVB/ATSC EPG</EPGSource>

-<epg>

<source>DVB/ATSC EPG</source>

<capture_source>20</capture_source>

<readable_source>4:1103:0 ION</readable_source>

<mapping>4:1103:0</mapping>

</epg>

</Channel>

-<Channel>

SHSPVR

@@SHSPVR, thank you... I feel like i'm making progress. I have an xml and a m3u8 file that was exported from NPVR (see below)

I tried using the m3u8 file as the m3u tuner in Emby but the Emby EPG still only shows 24hr data after refreshes and reboots.

Can you guide me what exactly I should change in your OTA-Tuner.text file to coincide with my channels? If you could please just edit one of your lines with my data then I could do the rest.

Thanks!

the m3u8 file is wrong info needed for support multiple tuner and client so it must look like this base on what channel you posted it should look like in below photo

5e3c6dbc28041_Untitled1.jpg

Once you have done all changes to your txt file

Remove existing profile from Live TV

Stat by add a TV Sources select M3U tuner then browse to that edit file

Next you need to add TV Guide Data Providers chose Emby Guide Data

That all have to do

You should see up to 7 days of EPG keep in mind that Emby doesn't display continuous EPG scrolling you have pick a day

5e3c6542ab345_Untitled5.jpg

This photo above is not web brower it there pc app

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1