Live TV XMLTV EPG & App Version 1.4.4 Issue

devz3ro

With the latest v1.4.4 Apple TV app update, I am no longer able to view channels on my m3u tuner that has xmltv epg data (those without epg data load fine).

Server Version 4.3.1.0

How to reproduce:

1. Setup a M3U Tuner + XMLTV on server

2. Wait for scan to finish and then in Apple TV App - go to Live TV, then channels at the top.

3. Select a channel that has EPG data, the loading circle spins indefinitely.

This happened on 3 of my Apple TVs. Verified the issue is not there in version 1.4.3 (tried via intranet before updating one)

Workarounds:

Go to channels, find the channel you want to watch and then instead of opening it, go to the top and search by program name.

Even though the non-grid guide on the Apple TV is terrible (hopefully a grid based guide is in the works) it does work as long as you choose a on-air program.

• Like 1

This must be related to the actual data.  Something must be missing that the app is expecting.  Can we get a sample of your data?

Thanks.

Seeing the same behaviour on 1.4.4.06 here. Channels don't play when selected through the channels option.

Escaping out and start playing through the guide gives the 'Ooops... Something went wrong' message but when trying again plays the channel fine using the guide view.

Starting from guide view plays all channels fine.

Attached the m3u & xmltv epg data files.

Used channel 7 around 10:30 local time for test. m3u & epg xml both provided through xTeve to emby.

Checked with both stable and beta .11 release of the server

Archief.zip

Edited by patje57

Issue solved here, channels selected through channels option play again.

Hope to see appear the grid based guide soon...