Kodi + HD Homerun - No PVR option

ctviggen

ctviggen

I originally had Kodi + Next PVR  as PVR (with HD Home run to serve channels and Schedules direct for the guide).  I then added Emby then I paid for the Emby Premiere solution.

I configured Emby to use the HD homerun and Schedules direct.  I also installed the Embruary skin.

Everything looked great and seemed to be working well.

Then, I uninstalled Next PVR and FFdshow, since I did not think I needed these any longer.  This killed all TV in Kodi, and Kodi had an issue where I would select "quit" and nothing would happen. I had to kill the program each time.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi.

I added the HD homerun PVR in Kodi (instead of the Next PVR).  I reinstalled the Embruary skin.  Issues:

-I cannot schedule recordings.

- The Embruary skin looks like "normal" Kodi.  It's not anything like what I originally had, nor does it look like the screenshots in the linked threads.

Do I need to use Next PVR?

How do I get the "real" Embruary skin?

ctviggen

That means I can't use the PVR with Emby, as the PVR does not use HD Homerun and instead uses Schedules direct.  It was a waste of $120 for me, then. 

Is it possible for me to map a different PVR into Emby?  That is, use all of Emby's features except the TV and PVR?

What about the skin?  I believe I followed the installation instructions, but the skin looks basically like normal Kodi  (whereas with my previous installation, the skin looked vastly different). 

We're interested in building an m3u output feature which would then allow you to import your Live TV from Emby into Kodi.

• Like 2