playback issues on Roku TV with new emby update

Augustus

Augustus

Anyone else out there with a Roku TV? All I get now is a loading bar on the screen. No video, no audio. I checked on the dashboard and it's showing that it's direct playing to the roku tv, but this isn't the case. I believe I've tried everything with regards to troubleshooting except for the nuclear option, which is to do a clean install of windows 10 and start all over.

Any help would be appreciated on this one.

I have two rigs with emby, neither are ran at the same time. The Intel build houses the older version of emby, 4.3.0.26, while the AMD houses the newly minted 4.3.1.0.

The Intel build gives me no issues. Playback is smooth. The AMD used to do the same, but I'm not sure what kicked off the slightly longer "retrieving" screen.

Will there be an update to the emby roku tv app? I'm seeing love for the other TVs out there, so maybe I'm just impatient?

Both rigs are LAN only, not trying to reach out to the world yet. :)

Augustus

I've also just sent off the Roku log from the TV.

Tried to play Skyfall; Retrieving screen never went away. Screensaver activated; upon waking the device, Retrieving screen still showed at ~60% loading. Sound started to play, but still no video.

Sent log @ 12:21PM EST

Emby User on this server: TH1218

Hi.  There was no playback in the app log you sent.  You have to send the log without exiting the app after playback.

However, I would suggest trying it with the beta version of the app first and letting us know if that still has a problem.

Thanks.

Augustus

I'll attempt it again, please see below.

The only way to send the log by way of the TV is to hit the home button and reload the emby app.

The back button doesn't go back to the main emby screen. The TV acknowledges that the button was pushed, but no response from the app itself.

I grabbed the emby beta app, and skyline started to play, but as for TV.. the result was the same (hung on the retrieving screen).

Please let me know if this helps and thanks for the prompt responses!

embyserver.txt

How long did you wait for live TV to start?  Were any ffmpeg logs created?

Also, did you at one time install a beta version of the server and then attempt to go back to release?  It looks like there are some incompatible components in your install of the server.

Augustus

It's still trying to retrieve the TV episode at the moment.

Indeed I did, but I thought when I wiped both emby folders in the appdata that I was able to revert back.

I saw the incompatible components and thought the same. Is there any other folders that I should look into for removal?

It doesn't look like you cleaned everything out.  Did you attempt to restore from a backup or something?  You would have needed to completely re-build your database as well.

In any case, it may be tough for us to troubleshoot what is happening here with your server in an unknown or inconsistent state.  We probably need to get that ironed out first.

It's still trying to retrieve the TV episode at the moment.

Indeed I did, but I thought when I wiped both emby folders in the appdata that I was able to revert back.

I saw the incompatible components and thought the same. Is there any other folders that I should look into for removal?

What i would suggest doing is going through each of your installed plugins and checking the plugin catalog to make sure you have the latest compatible version. The server will update you to newer plugin versions, but when you roll back the server, it won't help you roll back plugins.

Also the beta server is for testing, so hopefully you were a good beta tester and reported your issue rather than just bailing on it.

Augustus

touche Luke. I'll remember to do that in the future. My apologies. :(

As for the plugins, the only ones I have installed are:

DLNA
MovieDB
MusicBrainz
NFO metadata
OMDb
TheTVDB
Webhooks

Augustus

Looks like everything is back in order; I had to switch the box from the ethernet adapter to the wireless adapter in order for it to work. 

Did something changed with the network settings? Under the old emby versions, I had no issues with the 192.168 address... :huh:

With this new build, I don't have playback issues as long as I'm on the wifi adapter with a 10.0. address.

Nothing in our app would have any issue with this but the box is probably faster on wifi than it is hard wired.  Also, probably at least 90% of the users of these devices are probably on wifi so I'm sure that's where all of Roku's resources go for development and testing.