Emby doesn’t reconnect when returning from sleep

markdj

I’m running Emby on my 2 Nvidia Shields but once my PC has gone to sleep and I’m waking my Shield after that (doesn’t matter which one) then it says ‘Unable to connect’. This is with both the PC in sleep mode (logically) and on and the only way to fix it is to restart Kodi or restart Emby through the add-on options.

Is there any way to force Emby to reconnect automatically once I’ve woken my Shields and a connection has been (re)established?

I’m using wake on LAN so the PC does turn on (off after 70 minutes) but Emby is trying to establish the connection too quickly I think.

Edited by markdj

I think startup delay does the trick? Or does it delay the playing of files? I assumed it delayed the starting of Emby itself?

Hi, I've tried the delay but it doesn't work. Upon awaking the device I immediately get a 'Unable to connect' message. It doesn't delay like I set it up (5 seconds). Is there any way to get an option to 'restart emby upon returning from sleep' or something?

Or do you have a different idea maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to get back, but I had to do some more testing and I'm also busy with some personal stuff. But, it still doesn't work.

I set a delay for Emby (10 seconds), I wake my device (Shield), then the PC (instantly after waking the device) and I immediately get the error 'Unable to connect'. 10 seconds don't even pass, it seems to work only when starting Kodi for the first time/again.

I'm out of ideas really. Any help?

It shouldn't be necessary, because I instantly get the error upon waking, not 10 seconds after. Emby doesn't seem to use the delay when the device wakes from sleep, only when starting.

I've set it to 5 seconds, 10 seconds and 30 seconds, but always the same thing.

Let me rephrase a little: Emby does play media, however, it doesn't update with new or updated content unless I manually restart Kodi (or Emby, but that also doesn't always work). Trakt doesn't register watched content either when this happens.

I have tried it when I first got the Shield but I found the interface to be very cumbersome, so I actually dropped it. Has it improved drastically?