"null" showing up on server dashboard

djhifi

(image attached). Pretty sure this has been PR'ed before and is related with the plugin but not 100%. I've chosen this topic to report it.5e337b3c3bf95_null.jpg

DarWun

I don't have a fix for this. But I can confirm that I also saw this behavior. When using Emby with the original Edge browser "null" was displayed when playing media that didn't requiring transcoding. When playing media requiring transcoding, "null" was replaced with the transcode progress. After updating to the new chrome version of Edge, null no longer shows up in the dashboard when playing media that doesn't require transcoding.

DarWun

Are you still seeing this?

@@Luke Not in the new Edge chrome browser. I can't check to see if it still shows up in the original Edge browser as it was removed after the update to the new browser.

Are you still seeing this?

Yes, still the same "null". Using Edge and Direct Play (no transcode).

Server version 4.3.1.0

Emby for KODI 4.1.19

@@Luke Not in the new Edge chrome browser. I can't check to see if it still shows up in the original Edge browser as it was removed after the update to the new browser.

"new" Edge browser? Hum? What Edge version you have?

I see, the the new Chromium Edge. Just installed it thanks for the heads-up! Looks faster! Will try reproducing something on one of my shields and check the dashboard for the "null" thingy.

EDIT: @@Luke @@DarWun seems to be fixed in Edge's new version based in Chromium:

5e3b5ea47a75b_fixed.jpg

Funny thing now is that the Dashboard shows the Google Chrome symbol when I'm indeed using the new Edge Browser. Something that needs to be added perhaps?

xnew-edge.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+j

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

That's great, thanks for the feedback.

You should consider adding a new icon for Edge Chromium, it's showing up as if I'm using chrome's latest version :P

Edited by djhifi

Yup thanks for the reminder.

By the way, unrelated, but (still on the 4.3.1.0 version) but the server stopped showing windows 10 notifications when new content gets added and I've double checked Edge Chromium, notifications are on for the server dashboard page.

I'm waiting for a metadata refresh to finish in order to update to latest beta (I'm on latest beta) but is this related? I don't see it mentioned in the git changes.

@@Luke

Edited by djhifi