Roku skip forward in sec how ?.

SHSPVR
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

SHSPVR

My borther ask how this is done but I can't seem to see a way to do that only seem to do fast wards

If not support what Android TV and Apple TV

Gilgamesh_48

Right arrow. When pressed it will skip 10 seconds or whatever the thumbnail creation interval is. That is if bif files are created the right arrow skips to the next thumbnail and then the next and so on. For me that is a 30 second skip.

SHSPVR

Right arrow. When pressed it will skip 10 seconds or whatever the thumbnail creation interval is. That is if bif files are created the right arrow skips to the next thumbnail and then the next and so on. For me that is a 30 second skip.

Thanks that disappoint the skip work but doesn't auto play it would nice if fast ward would work right by display the video at same time

SHSPVR

Hi.  This is all handled by the Roku player and should be consistent across Roku apps.

The Roku is for me because it only media player that can steam audio over to phone and used bluetooth headphone being that deaf as you know roku remote brain the batteries way to fast

Are there other play like that Android TV and Apple TV and etc ?, That can give him reg live fast wards display in real-time ?

Edited by SHSPVR

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but, with thumbnails created at 10 second intervals, you get a visual seeking interface on the Roku...

SHSPVR

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but, with thumbnails created at 10 second intervals, you get a visual seeking interface on the Roku...

There no visual what so ever just that the video it self stay pause while the time line bar is moving in tell you hit play with fast wards display same with you skip it stay in place in tell you hit play the video jump to that scene

Edited by SHSPVR

• Solution
Happy2Play

There no visual what so ever just that the video it self stay pause while the time line bar is moving in tell you hit play with fast wards display same with you skip it stay in place in tell you hit play the video jump to that scene

Do you have interval images (bif files) enabled on your libraries?

5c8d39794a027_Untitled.png

• Like 1

SHSPVR

Do you have interval images (bif files) enabled on your libraries?

5c8d39794a027_Untitled.png

No but I enable it and let you how it gose

Edited by SHSPVR

Happy2Play

No but I enable it and let you how it gose

Okay the Roku is dependant on there bif files.

Also note this can be a very timely process, depending on your library size and how many libraries you apply it to.

SHSPVR

Okay the Roku is dependant on there bif files.

Also note this can be a very timely process, depending on your library size and how many libraries you apply it to.

Ok I main need it for reg OTA and Cable TV recording

Edited by SHSPVR

Happy2Play

Someone else will have to comment as I have no idea how it works with Live TV/Recordings.  Only know about imported episodes and movies.

Happy2Play

For completed recordings it is the same as regular video files.

So nothing for viewing "In-Progress" correct?

SHSPVR

Thanks @@Happy2Play that helps some what like he said would prefer real-time live fast forward display you know where the actual video is playing faster in stead of thumbnails like on a DirecTV and Dishnetwork DVR.

bcm00re

So changing the thumbnail interval changes the interval in the skip ahead (and back) buttons for Roku? I didn't realize that! I recently asked in another thread about changing the skip ahead from 10sec to 30sec -- but they said that wasn't currently possible with Roku (reference: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81773-30-second-skip-ahead/&do=findComment&comment=834991 ).

I do wish we could make the skip ahead 30sec and the skip back 10sec. I'm pretty sure other Roku apps are that way so it should theoretically be possible.

Edited by bcm00re
  • Like 1

bcm00re

Thanks that disappoint the skip work but doesn't auto play

I did notice that Emby doesn't auto-play after skipping while SlingTV does.

I do wish we could make the skip ahead 30sec and the skip back 10sec. I'm pretty sure other Roku apps are that way so it should theoretically be possible.

If you use the "repeat" button on your Roku remote, it jumps back only 10 seconds, no?

bcm00re

I am using a universal remote and didn't think about that button. So are you saying if I set my thumbnails to 30sec then the right arrow button will jump ahead 30sec and the Roku 'repeat' button will go back 10sec (without a thumbnail of course)?

Edited by bcm00re

I am using a universal remote and didn't think about that button. So are you saying if I set my thumbnails to 30sec then the right arrow button will jump ahead 30sec and the Roku 'repeat' button will go back 10sec (without a thumbnail of course)?

I believe so, yes.