Check Plugins Updates failed

leeknight1981

leeknight1981

Hi I am getting an error that I am not sure of and I am not at home to investigate further I’m using Google Remote, I keep getting “Check for plug-in updates Failed”

Any ideas of what’s gone wrong? Is it going to cause any issues? What can I do to resolve it.

TIA

Lee

post-303960-0-55512800-1580334749_thumb.png

post-303960-0-95397100-1580334775_thumb.png

Edited by leeknight1981

leeknight1981

Hi, that's strange. I would give it a try again later on and see if it's still happening.

Cheers UnRaid has had a reboot and Emby restarted a couple of times this week and an update, seen this error for a couple of days. I shall see if it persists after several days. Can provide logs then if needed

Cheers for the Swift Reply :)

L33

julianb
I had the exact same issue, on the same date as you! could be a coincidence, but I resolved it by disabling the VPN on the server & reboot. Then it worked just fine again. Now it works with the VPN again and no more problems. :)

Screenshots of the error with VPN enable:

5e3298ae3277d_2020013009_51_02SERVER01.p5e3298b7d218d_2020013009_46_54SERVER01.p

leeknight1981

Hiya 

Thanks for that but i don have a VPN on the server or that network i only use a VPN inside of VM's, How do you get Emby to force a re check if possible as mine is dated 25/01

Many Thanks 

L33

I had the exact same issue, on the same date as you! could be a coincidence, but I resolved it by disabling the VPN on the server & reboot. Then it worked just fine again. Now it works with the VPN again and no more problems. :)

Screenshots of the error with VPN enable:

5e3298ae3277d_2020013009_51_02SERVER01.p5e3298b7d218d_2020013009_46_54SERVER01.p

Hiya 

Thanks for that but i don have a VPN on the server or that network i only use a VPN inside of VM's, How do you get Emby to force a re check if possible as mine is dated 25/01

Many Thanks 

L33

Hi.  That was the last failure.  It looks like it has succeeded since then (a plug-in was updated).

Happy2Play

Hiya 

Many Thanks 

L33

Restart your server or use the API, link at bottom of dashboard and look at "ScheduledTaskService".

Edited by Happy2Play

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in on this older topic but I am seeing this problem as well.  I had a power loss and my server rebooted.  Since it restarted I am seeing all kinds of problems but this is one of them.  I would like to see if I can get this working and this might fix some of my other problems.  I have no VPN on this server.  I have tried to restart the Emby server through the dash board multiple of times and also tried to restart the docker.  No change.

Edited by okhomer

Sorry to jump in on this older topic but I am seeing this problem as well.  I had a power loss and my server rebooted.  Since it restarted I am seeing all kinds of problems but this is one of them.  I would like to see if I can get this working and this might fix some of my other problems.  I have no VPN on this server.  I have tried to restart the Emby server through the dash board multiple of times and also tried to restart the docker.  No change.

Hi.  Check your firewall and other network configuration.  More than likely something is blocking access.  If you still cannot figure it out, please post your server log.

Thanks.

I will look at my firewall when I get home.  But other then the power loss nothing has changed.  I have also attached the log file.

Great, thanks !

I see the log but not the error, looks like it didn't check for plugin updates during the time of that log file.

leeknight1981

JUST Leave it it will update the next time it looks! Mine did. 

Hi.  Something is blocking the server from getting out to our site.

2020-02-25 08:40:08.036 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out

Hi.  Something is blocking the server from getting out to our site.

2020-02-25 08:40:08.036 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out

Thanks.  I will take a look when I get home.