Emby For Kodi Can't Pause or Record

Pain

Hi All

I am using Kodi 15.5 with Emby for Kodi addon and the embuary theme. Love it!

My Emby server is on a Synology. I have HDhomerun setup and working with Emby. Works fine when using the Emby app on Nvidia Shield.

My question is why can't I pause live TV with Emby for Kodi? I just started using Kodi so I am still learning...

Thanks for any help!

hoppel118

Hi All

I am using Kodi 15.5 with Emby for Kodi addon and the embuary theme. Love it!

Kodi 15.5 or the latest stable 18.5? :)

Probably because it's a forward moving stream and there's nowhere to put the pause buffer. It would likely have to be changed to play in a different way.

Probably because it's a forward moving stream and there's nowhere to put the pause buffer. It would likely have to be changed to play in a different way.

@@Luke I noticed today when watching TV thru Emby for Kodi that the program is not streaming from Emby and strait from the HDhomerun. How do I fix that? Thank you

I suggest you to use the Kodi PVR client -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:HDHomeRun_PVR

Only by using a native client integration you will get the complete PVR support.

The addon is only passing the stream as workaround for the currently not existing Emby PVR client.

Thats what I am using. Is there a setup for it? All I did was install it on kodi.

sualfred

Then it's not Emby related at all. It's a connection between Kodi and your HD Homerun device. AFAIK there is no record/pause function implemented. 

If you want pause + record -> TVHeadend and use the HDHomerun device as "sat>ip" tuner. With such an setup you can use the TVH Kodi client and TVH is doing the rest (recording, recording timers, timeshift, pause, etc, etc, etc). Google has the answers how to do it. The HDHomerun devices are not very common here in Germany. I'm using real PCI-e DVB-C Tuners + TVHeaded. 

For Kodi using the Embuary skin, I have found that the Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client works great.  All the functions of the Kodi PVR with the added benefits of your HDHomeRun DVR.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=71135

Thanks, I was using the Kodi HDhomerun PVR in Kodi repo. This one you posted works better I can now pause but not fast forward or rewind or record. Still not going thru Emby. How can I use Emby server for live TV & PVR on Kodi?

BTW I am not signed up with HDHomerun DVR service either..

Edited by Pain

sualfred

@@Pain you cannot. There is no Emby PVR client. Emby for Kodi has a simplified stream option, but that's not really compareable.

Edited by sualfred

ctviggen

For Kodi using the Embuary skin, I have found that the Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client works great.  All the functions of the Kodi PVR with the added benefits of your HDHomeRun DVR.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=71135

This seems to work for normal Kodi.  I'm not sure it works for Emby, though.  I'm still testing.

clarkss12

This seems to work for normal Kodi.  I'm not sure it works for Emby, though.  I'm still testing.

It works for all Kodi clients that I use with the Emby skin and Emby addon.  Android, CoreELEC/LibreELEC and Windows Kodi client.

ctviggen

It works for all Kodi clients that I use with the Emby skin and Emby addon.  Android, CoreELEC/LibreELEC and Windows Kodi client.

How do you configure the DVR in the Live TV section of the server part of Emby?  Do you leave this part blank? 

That is, I previously had the TV source of HD Homerun Prime there, but then they also use Schedules Direct for the data, and there is no option there for HD Homerun Prime's schedules.  (Which cost $35/year.)

I currently am paying for both Schedules Direct and HD Homerun Prime's (Or I guess Silicon Dust's) schedules.

So, I went and took out use of the HD Homerun Prime as the TV source in the Live TV section of the server of Emby.  That is, there is no TV provider there.  Is this what to do?

As for the Emby skin and add-on, I can't get these working.  Kodi says Estuary is installed, but everything looks exactly like "normal" Kodi.  (As compared to my previous installation, where the Emby skin was completely different and really looked great.)  I'll work on this after the Super Bowl....

Edited by ctviggen
  • Like 1