undo the folder to be treated as a tv series or a tv series season

mbakirov

mbakirov

Sometimes when the emby server scans my media library (that may have names like somefilm.2010.1080.mp4) it treats the parts of the names as season and episode number . i have a folder called "video" with some movies in it and occasionally it turns into "tv series". 

the only way to undo it is to clean up the film names, copy to the new folder and delete the "tvshow.nfo" or something and rescan.

it would be nice if we could mark a folder as "never treat this one as tv series". 

thank you!

mbakirov

Hi there, what is the content type of the library? 

thanks for quick answer, it is mixed content. 

i think i see what you are saying, you are suggesting to rearrange my hard drive folders and put movies in one folder and one collection, and tv series in another folder with the appropriate content type.... 

am i correct?

Well yea I was hoping to ask questions and learn about the file naming you have to see if the detection can be improved.

mbakirov

Well yea I was hoping to ask questions and learn about the file naming you have to see if the detection can be improved.

yeah i have rearranged my library, but still it would be a valid feature to fine tune the content in the case of mixed content...