Displaying movie extras in Kodi

Red5ive

Red5ive

Can emby for kodi or embycon show any extras or deleted scenes when available?

This has been mentioned several times over the years and was even listed as 'in progress' for emby for kodi back in 2016 but I cant see any setting related to it and those movies that have an extras folder or additional content are not showing them in Kodi.

Are there any plans to get this added?

Red5ive

Would be great if they can be added as a widget or strip in embuary to mimic how they appear in emby web and theatre apps.

Having spent a long time recently ripping my DVD and Blueray collection was disappointed to see that all those extras were missing in Kodi!

TeamB

I might be able to add something to the EmbyCon context menu to show extras for movies.

Fully integrating it into the interface at a dialog display level i.e. on the video info dialog is a skin integration issue, each skin would have to supply their own implementation. Perhaps Embuary might be able to do this but I am not sure if targeting just EmbyCon features is something @@sualfred would consider.

sualfred

I have no problem adding it to the info screen if the content can be called for it. I don't have any movie extras but will create a dummy once I'll found time for it to see if I can reproduce it. I just can't tell when atm.

Red5ive

That would be awesome @@sualfred !

I have my movies folders and media organised as per the directions on the emby Movie Naming article here, if that helps:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102

I tend to have just a extras folder and perhaps a deleted scenes and trailers one.

I have just sent you a donation to the beer/baby fund (and yes this should be considered a bribe  ;) )

Edited by Red5ive

• 2 weeks later...
sualfred

Nope, currently a little bit outa time for anything. Added it on my list for later. 

• Like 1