M3U Playlist for IP Camera

flakie

Grateful if anyone can help with this :)

I am trying to get an IP camera stream working with an M3U Tuner Source.

There are two ways to access the stream. Via the Reolink Camera itself or through the camera connected Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS.

The link to the camera directly.
rtsp://admin:MyPassword@192.168.49.12:554//h264Preview_01_main

The link to the camera through Synology Surveillance Station (no password needed).
rtsp://syno:026af2ac15c2e5c0cae5f9610ecee780@192.168.49.13:554/Sms=2.unicast

Entering the URLs in VLC opened both the steam successfully.

So I created two m3u files.
The m3u files looks like:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,GardenCam Synology
rtsp://admin:MyPassword@192.168.49.12:554//h264Preview_01_main

Double-clicking them launches VLC which plays the stream successfully.

Neither file will play in Emby.

Chrome and Edge Both (on a Windows laptop) look they are going to play but hang on a black screen.
Fire TV Stick 4K: Unable to tune to channel at this time (I checked both in VLC on my laptop and both were working).
App on Android Phone: Spinning blue circle for a second then nothing happens.
Samsung TV: Unable to test. As soon as I go into Live TV, the cursor keys on the remote stop working (stuck on the Programmes screen).

I was did try the IPTV plugin by that did not work for me. Appears to need a http stream? Which I don't think my camera supports. Not directly in any case (I believe you have to use the camera web server gui to access the live camera via http).

I think I struggled with rtsp. Http was more successful

Thanks. I don't think it works with http but will give that another go.

Thinking it may be because i had no TV guide installed I tried to install one.

I tried the Emby Guide data source but when I put in my postcode and clicked on lineup:

"There was an error downloading TV lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again."

I tried a random usa code and this worked but random UK ones do not. Maybe not working here at all?

Anyway with the US one installed my video stream still doe not work.

Spaceboy

Thinking it may be because i had no TV guide installed I tried to install one.

I tried the Emby Guide data source but when I put in my postcode and clicked on lineup:

"There was an error downloading TV lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again."

I tried a random usa code and this worked but random UK ones do not. Maybe not working here at all?

Anyway with the US one installed my video stream still doe not work.

you should be able to play a channel without epg but you won’t be able to record it.

I also use Synology surveillance station so let me take a look tonight and see what options there are

Okay, found the problem. Checked logs and saw transcoding was turned off for the user (I don't usually have any transcoding going on).

Enabled it and bingo (well does not seem to be working on Fire TV for me atm). Works on laptop and phone. Both the streams.

Just got to see if I can find a way to stop the transcoding.

Plus. get it working in fire TV as this will be the most used application.

Edited by flakie

Interestingly the device I was using for most of the testing (Chrome on my laptop) it is not transcoding on the LAN. It did when I just tried it through my phones hotpot and it worked but was not a pretty picture at all at 286kbps (I thought it was foggy outside, which is where this cam is). Much better through the phone directly (6.9Mbps).

With Fire TV: when I dropped the resolution, he camera direct stream/link started working. Just the camera one, not the one through the Synology  NAS one. Times out after too many errors. I can live with that. One stream is enough on the Fire TV.

It is transcoding when used through the Internet, it seems :(

Most users will be on fast broadband but my upload is only about 35+Mbps atm, so I will monitor that and lower resolution and/or quality a bit more.

Just got to find a good compromise or stream quality and bandwidth. I really want to see if I can get all transcoding stopped if I can.

Edited by flakie

• 2 months later...
lundblad

I just tested this myself, works good.

iptv plugin with this link: rtsp://admin:password@@192.168.1.176:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Works perfect in emby app on my phone, no transcoding.

Emby on my tv box Formuler z8 i get transcoding. h265 to h264. Why ? my box supports HEVC h265

I get direct play when i watch 4k hevc movies

Thx :)

Edited by mopsiptv

Emby on my tv box Formuler z8 i get transcoding. h265 to h264. 

Hi there, did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it was transcoding?

lundblad

Hi there, did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it was transcoding?

Very big picture xD 

4k tv, box resolution 3,840 x 2,160

containers are not supported"

5e9491fb44797_this.jpg

containers are not supported

Edited by mopsiptv

lundblad

And does this answer your question?

Sry but no :( why can my android phone do direct play and not my android TV box? :)

Sry but no :( why can my android phone do direct play and not my android TV box? :)

Because different devices support different media formats.