Emby for Kodi - In Progress movies don't all show

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I've been noticing that Kodi is not always showing all the In Progress movies.  For example, this morning I was watching Dumb and Dumber and stopped about 40% of the way into the movie.  It is not showing as In Progress in Kodi under Addons>Video Add-ons>Emby>Movies>In Progress Movies.  But it does show under Continue Watching in the Emby webui.

Oddly, if I just go into Movies in Kodi and browse to the movie it does show and in progress indicator and will resume at the correct point.

kodi.log

embyserver.txt

horstepipe

Mhh no sorry.

Are you using multiple devices with Emby for Kodi? That‘s the only issue I heard from 2 of my users about this kind of problem.

bozrdnag

What if you force a manual sync from the addon?

I don't know how to do that. I see the option update library but that is slow. I remember there used to be an option like that a couple years back but I thought it was removed after an update. I usually just restart Kodi and that prompts a scan but it has never added a missing In Progress movie.

EDIT: I tried update library and it didnt fix the missing in progress movie.

Edited by bozrdnag

Have you tried the embycon addon? It does not require any syncing so you shouldn't run into this. Just sign in, browse and play.

bozrdnag

No. I didn;t think it would work well for me.  I have a lot of smart playlists in Kodi and I assume at least some of them wouldn't work with embycon.  I also use an external program that displays movie covers on a TV (digital movie poster) and it gerts posters from my Kodi db.

bozrdnag

I tried EmbyCon on a test install of Kodi and indeed the In Progress movies show up correctly but, as I suspected, it's not a practical solution for me because I use custom nodes, playlists and other things that are rendered useless with EmbyCon.  Is there any chance this issue gets looked into and hopefully fixed in Emby for Kodi?  In my experience it misses most In Progress movies.

jachin99

I wouldn't notice a problem like that because I haven't been using Kodi for very long and I usually watch something from start to finish. It's a wild guess but do you have the Kodi companion on your server? The simplest fix for me is often resetting the local Kodi database when I have problems but I don't know if that is an option for you. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

@@jachin99

@@djhifi

Are you able to reproduce?

I'm going to test tonight but im using direct playback and emby for kodi plugin and didn't notice any issues. Ive been watching mostly TV Shows and everything seems to be fine. Will try with movies.

bozrdnag

I am also using Native (direct paths) playback.  Like I said what's weird is if I go find the problem movie in my Kodi library, it will show the correct resume point.  Also, if I view Emby via the webui the movie will show under In Progress there.  The movie just doesn't show up in the In Progress widget or the In Progress section of the Emby addon.  Again, this doesn't happen to every movie I partially watch.  I'd say about 60%  

jachin99 - I never used to partially watch movies and I still don't when I'm watching them for the first time.  But I usually go lay in bed about an hour or so before I go to sleep and I've taken to re-watching movies then.  I'll watch half or so one night and then finish it another night.  I do have the Kodi Companion installed and I actually have reset the libraries on all my machines within the last month and I experienced this problem well before then.

It's easy enough to test.  Just start a movie in Kodi and skip ahead a bit and then stop it.  Try a few movies and if you're having the issue you'll see one or more doesn't show up.

bozrdnag

It looks like my resume points work but I use e4k in addon mode

I'm not trying to get technical on the language but just for clarity... My "resume points" always work.  Meaning if I go and find the movie in the library it will show it has a resume point and platy from that point.  What fails to happen frequently is that the movie won't show up in the In Progress Movies widget or under Addons>Video>Emby>Movies>In Progress Movies.

jachin99

I don't keep track of each in progress movie but I had a few entries under in progress movies and they seemed to resume fine for me