Can no longer create libraries

cgcmgr

sorry i do not know ho to attach a screenshot to this forum.

Click more reply options next to Post and then there are attachment buttons.

MRobi

hello all here are the 2 screen shots

Perfect, thanks! Now can you take a screenshot of your mountpoints?

Go to Jails

Click the 3 dots beside your emby jail

Click on mount points

Should look something like this:

5e698edcafbb9_Capture.png

wbravin

HI all just an update 

in fiddling with this today and reading pdf, emby documentation and emby forums i feel that all i did in emby is correct and the only issue may be permissions.

I reviewed all the permission and the look like this;

i have the following users in freenas

wbravin uid 1000 part of group media wheel wbravin gid 1000

emby uid 1101 part of media wheel and emby gid 1001

the pool shares ( /mnt/media/movies) are owned by UID wbravin GID wheel,  there i have an acl instance for uid emby with full controls

the shared mount points ( /mnt/media/movies) are owned by uid wbravin  and gid wheel here i have an acl instance for uid emby with full controls

the smb shares are owned by UID wbravin with gid wheel here too i have an acl instance for uid emby with full controls

i also tried to enter the following in the jail shell (this is something makarai wrote

service emby-server stop
pw groupmod emby
-n emby -g 1101 i substituted 1101 with 1001 which is my emby igd
pw usermod emby -n emby -u 1101 -g 1101  here i went -g1001 which is my emby gid
chown -R emby:emby /var/db/emby-server
sysrc
'emby_server_user=emby'     for what ever reason this line did not work
service emby-server start

i think i covered all the basis and i do not know what else to do

thank you all for being so patient

MRobi

in fiddling with this today and reading pdf, emby documentation and emby forums i feel that all i did in emby is correct and the only issue may be permissions.

This is why the screenshots. Ruling out the small and easy things first. I agree your settings in Emby now look correct and your mount points look correct as well.

Next test is another simple one.

Back into FreeNAS

Go to Jails

Click your 3 dots for the emby jail and click on Shell (this will open up a shell inside your emby jail

type in:

cd /media/movies

The shell will now be in your movies directory

type in:

ls

Is it giving you a list of all your movies?

MRobi

thank you for replying

yes it does

thanks

Perfect! Your mount is good.

Back in the shell, now type this:

id emby

Please post up what it returns.

MRobi

@@wbravin Can you also post up the following 2 screenshots. With the above plus these 2 I should be able to tell you exactly what you need to input for a command for permissions.

Screenshot #1:

In FreeNAS go to:

Storage/Pools/3 Dots/Edit Permissions

Take screenshot

Screenshot #2:

In FreeNAS go to:

Accounts/Groups

Take screenshot

wbravin

hello all

SUCCESS

Being fairly confidant that i did all correctly, I tried to rebout the server with no joy, then i decided to delete the shared in the pool (/mnt/media/movies) and repopulated the files from my backup.

once this was done, I scanned thew movie libraries in emby and it loaded all the movies.

I needed to perform the same process for the music and the tv shows library

what cases it i have no clue

I did not change the shares mountpoints or the jail mountpoints or any of the permissions

thank you all for your patience and help

MRobi

I'm happy you got it working! I'm not seeing how it is based on the permissions settings I'm seeing, BUT in 11.3 the new ACL manager should in theory make plugin permissions very simple so it's likely something you've done in there that's allowing it vs one of the traditional methods.

Regardless, happy it's working for you!

wbravin

thank you for your help

acl manager is complex (i know it's because of my lack of knowledge)I have movies and music running correctly and having trouble with tv shows share. the issue is not with emby but with my freeenas permission.

although i have identical setting in music and movies to tv shows for the live of my i cannot figure it out

oncve again thank you for your patience and help

MRobi

thank you for your help

acl manager is complex (i know it's because of my lack of knowledge)I have movies and music running correctly and having trouble with tv shows share. the issue is not with emby but with my freeenas permission.

although i have identical setting in music and movies to tv shows for the live of my i cannot figure it out

oncve again thank you for your patience and help

Have you tried mounting the entire dataset instead of the individual folders inside the dataset? You can then filter out the unwanted stuff by selecting the right folder inside of Emby. This way you don't need individual mounts for each folder.

Is it possible your permissions are different with the different folders on your dataset? Some could be group readable while others may be only owner readable?

wbravin

Are you entering the port when you try to access your jail? You need to go to http://192.168.1.134:8096. Without the :8096 you won't be able to access Emby.

As for why you can't configure vnet, without knowing exactly what you're doing and typing in to try to configure it, or what you've setup for your network configuration in FreeNAS, it's hard to try to troubleshoot. 

hi mR0bi

yes i did enter the port

Are you entering the port when you try to access your jail? You need to go to http://192.168.1.134:8096. Without the :8096 you won't be able to access Emby.

As for why you can't configure vnet, without knowing exactly what you're doing and typing in to try to configure it, or what you've setup for your network configuration in FreeNAS, it's hard to try to troubleshoot. 

vnet was a dead end so i left it alone. I was trying to establish a static route. instead i ended out setting up the static routes via the router.

I got most of it running now i still cannot load the tv shows into emby. when i go to add a new library iin emby and the add the folder i enter /media/tv shows i can see the shows listed below to be selected.. Hence emby sees them. however it will not scan the shows into the new library

thank you for persisting and your help

MRobi

I got most of it running now i still cannot load the tv shows into emby. when i go to add a new library iin emby and the add the folder i enter /media/tv shows i can see the shows listed below to be selected.. Hence emby sees them. however it will not scan the shows into the new library

@@makarai any thoughts on why he can view the file structure of the folder in Emby settings but can't scan the library for that folder? 

wbravin

Thank you all for your responses

so far i deleted the tv shows on my main freenas box (where i had the problem) and copied and paste fro from my freenas2  (my backup server) and when folder to the tv library in emby I pointed it to the mapped drive in my windows machine and its working.

It is in the middle of copying all the tv series and it still has 11 hours to go. 

Once this is complete I will try to change ownership to nobody with full control

once again thank you for this 

wbravin

Hello all

after reading all of this post and after tinkering with the acl, I found the source of all of my problems

It was the permission in freenas

the issue was that with music and tv shows both music artist and tv series have sub folders

therefore in the freenas permissions when editing the permission do not forget to check the apply recursively box

once again thank you for your patience time and help in this matter. I was greatly appreciated

you can mark this one as solved   yuppie