Firestick app Server Unavailable

pbrad51
Go to solution Solved by pbrad51,

Hi

I am running Emby server V 4.3.1.0 on a Windows 10 PC. I connect to Emby app on Firestick V 1.7.53a. I select my server and then see error message 'Server Unavailable', I select 'Wake' but Emby is unable to wake server.

I have followed the suggestions here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

I can connect to Emby server via my IOS smartphone. I have re-started both Emby server and the Emby app.

Any suggestions, perhaps there are settings I need to adjust? Hopefully something simple I may have missed.

Thanks!

Hi, can you try doing a manual connection from the app and entering the server address manually? Thanks.

Hi Luke

Thanks for responding to my topic. I selected 'Enter Manually' under 'Other Options' and entered LAN details as per my Emby dashboard, see pics below. I received an error message 'error connecting to server'.

5e2bc8ddb42e0_Picture1.png

5e2bc8ece1caf_Picture2.png

And you're certain that is the ip address of your server machine? (Just in case emby server detected it wrong).

Hi.  What is the name of your Firestick device in the Amazon settings?  Does that name contain any non-US characters?

Ok, no luck:

- logged in to Amazon account and changed device name to 'Patrick Fire TV Stick'

- re-started Firestick and confirmed Device Name change

- opened Emby app on Firestick (made sure Emby server was open and running on my PC), selected my server, 'Server Unavailable'

- selected 'Wake', 'unable to wake'

- selected 'Enter Manually', entered details as in earlier post, 'error connecting to server'

Okay, yeah, that name shouldn't have been a problem.  On that screen where you are trying to log in, there should be a "Send Logs" button.  Try to log in and then hit that button.  Then come back here and tell me when you did that.

Thanks.

Ok:

- selected 'log out of connect'

- opened app, selected my server, 'Server unavailable'

- I still see the same 3 icons

• Solution

Hi - my issue is now resolved.

Turns out that while I had updated Norton firewall settings to allow connection to Emby Windows Defender Firewall was also running and blocking some features of Emby. This may be useful info for trouble shooting other users. Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
HoosierDaddy

I have the exact same problem. On the server PC, when I installed the server I checked the option to let it thru the Windows firewall. When I check the firewall it shows entries for "Emby Server", "EmbyServer" and "EmbyServer.exe". All have a check mark for private and all but "EmbyServer" have a check for Public. No 3rd party firewall/virus.

The server PC is ethernet. The Firestick (latest model) is WiFi on the same router.

FWIW, I had an old version of Emby server on another PC years ago and it showed up in the list of servers in the Emby Firestick app. After failing to connect with the new server, I tried selecting the old one and of course it failed so I told the app to forget it.

Probably not relevant to the problem at hand but I am curious just where the firestick app got the name of the old server and if there is some way I can access/review that information directly. 

Edited by HoosierDaddy

I have the exact same problem. On the server PC, when I installed the server I checked the option to let it thru the Windows firewall. When I check the firewall it shows entries for "Emby Server", "EmbyServer" and "EmbyServer.exe". All have a check mark for private and all but "EmbyServer" have a check for Public. No 3rd party firewall/virus.

The server PC is ethernet. The Firestick (latest model) is WiFi on the same router.

FWIW, I had an old version of Emby server on another PC years ago and it showed up in the list of servers in the Emby Firestick app. After failing to connect with the new server, I tried selecting the old one and of course it failed so I told the app to forget it.

Probably not relevant to the problem at hand but I am curious just where the firestick app got the name of the old server and if there is some way I can access/review that information directly. 

Re: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85614-firestick-emby-app-cant-access-emby-server/&do=findComment&comment=876338