Problema com rastreamento de bibliotecas(seriados)

joaodanielcs

joaodanielcs

Well, this is my first post on the forum and if it's in the wrong section, I'm sorry. I was a little lost where to post. 

I'm having some difficulties using Emby.

My scenario:

[ FreeNAS 11.2-U7 ] server + [ Emby Server 4.2.1.0 ] Jail

Libraries: 

• Movies: smb: // IP_Storage / Emby / Movies
  • Series: smb: // IP_Storage / Emby / Series

* Repository: Storage WD My Cloud EX4100

For each movie I create a folder inside the " Movies " directory and the option to save metadata and images in the movie folder is enabled. Everything works perfect!

When I add a movie, I start crawling the "movies" library in "scan for new and updated files " mode . When finished, only the new folder appears with images and metadata that are correct or not. If they are in error, correct!

The previously added films remain intact, including those that manually correct images and metadata. unchanged after this new screening.

Now with the series it doesn't work like that ....

For each series I create a folder inside the " Series " directory with the name of the series in English and within the same folder I create folders for each season " Season01 " " Season02 " ....

Then the problem begins:

When crawling the " Series " library , the series or episodes added appear in the emby, however, all series added in the past have their metadata updated by web sources (even with the option to " block this item to prevent future changes " active).

Many web sources have sent data wrongly and I correct it manually (sometimes even sending them the correct data) but after having all this work, whenever I search for new media, all that work has to be redone.

It was with 30 series, with an average of 4 to 8 seasons in each of 23 episodes and all with their correct data.

I went to add a new series and while tracking, all the episodes already added were without their image and some even lost their synopsis and title data. 

I don't know if I'm working correctly, so I tried to detail as much as possible ...

There is the possibility of "locking" the folders of the seasons so as not to be modified (images and metadata) at each screening or to modify the current method by 2 options such as:

1. "Scan for new files" where only new ones will be ADDED without touching old ones
  2. "Scan for new and updated files" where the new ones will be ADDED and the old ones that are updated will be ADDED

And in the metadata manager, an individual option would be possible to enable or disable the use of external metadata.

For example:

"La Casa de Papel" series - As I corrected some synopses and images, for this series I would turn off the option to "use external metadata" and "freeze" the way I left it.

Keeping the global option for the "Series" directory to "use external metadata".

Thanks!

@@neik

@@arrbee99

@@MRobi

• 1 month later...
MRobi

First things first, you should upgrade to 4.3.1.0. This issue may have already been addressed and solved through an update.

I'm guessing the incorrect data issue is on the metadata providers and caused by the series being non-english language.

Unfortunately I can't think of a setting that will completely block metadata from downloading. It may be there, but I don't remember coming across it.

The easiest way I can think of achieving this would be as follows:

1: If you have a mix of english language and non-english language series, split them into different libraries

2: In your non-english library settings, make sure you unselect all series/season/episode metadata downloaders and image downloaders

3: Insert your own metadata into the folders as nfo files and image files

@@Luke may have a better option

• 2 months later...