Xbox One Downloads?

MBSki

MBSki

I noticed that my Xbox One X shows up as a device that i can download to. I added a download and sent it to the Xbox One, but the download status is stuck at "Ready to Transfer". Should i actually be able to download to my Xbox One X? That would be very cool if i could. Helps out at times when i need to work on my PC.

MBSki

Hi, that's not correct. It shouldn't be there. We'll look into why it's showing up. Thanks.

Bummer, that would be a really cool feature. :) 

And only my Xbox One X shows up, not my original Xbox.

FrostByte

@@FrostByte are you able to reproduce?

No.  My XB1X is in the active devices on the web client, but when I go to an episode and click "Download to" all I see are my 2 Windows machines and a phone.  Nor do I see my Shield which is also active.

MBSki

Here's a screen shot from mine. LITTLEONEJR is my Xbox One X. Not sure why it shows up for me. I have a file explorer app installed, but can't see how that explains why it's showing up. 

post-290994-0-48305600-1579895438_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

FrostByte

Here's a screen shot from mine. LITTLEONEJR is my Xbox One X. Not sure why it shows up for me. I have a file explorer app installed, but can't see how that explains why it's showing up. 

Which file explorer app?  I can try loading that if it's in the store

MBSki

Which file explorer app?  I can try loading that if it's in the store

Sorry, I got that wrong, I have a File Downloader installed, which is called ... File Downloader. :) I also just installed File&Folders Lite. Interesting that I can browse the local storage drive. Nothing on there, but does seem to indicate that Apps could actually save files to the hard drive. 

FrostByte

I installed File Downloader free version and even mapped my Downloads folder and Emby Download to still doesn't list my XB1X.  

Edited by FrostByte

MBSki

Hmmm, interesting. No idea why it's showing up for me. Guess it doesn't matter cause it doesn't do anything. Would be cool though.  :)

• Like 1

MBSki

My Xbox One isn't showing up anymore, but now all my windows devices are gone. I don't have an option to download to my Windows 10 laptop anymore. Was something changed that caused my windows laptop to disappear?

MBSki

Yes. I'm using Windows desktop. I can send downloads to Windows desktop right? And the device doesn't need to be on to select it? I tried both with it on and off, but it doesn't show up either way. Assume I should be able to put it in the queue though even if it's off.

MBSki

Are you able to download from inside the app?

No, I can't. I don't even get a download option.

post-290994-0-67345000-1580355374_thumb.png

MBSki

I think i know why i can't download to my laptop. I'm using the Emby Theater version. I thought I had the desktop version installed, but apparently not. Where is the desktop version? All I see on the site is Emby Theater and the Windows Store version.

MBSki

Ok, thanks Luke. I don't know what's going on then because that's the version I installed. So there's only 2 versions? Emby Theater (desktop) and Windows Store?

MBSki

Ok, then should I be able to download to the desktop version or just to the Windows Store version?